By Anonymous - 07/07/2009 23:04 - United States

Today, I was going to propose to my girlfriend of 3 years. I got reservations for a romantic dinner, and at the end, fireworks would spell out my proposal. The whole thing had taken weeks to plan out and had cost me a lot of money. She proposed to me at a subway station first. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 847
You deserved it 9 007

Same thing different taste

Top comments

singer4life666 0

Atleast you two are going to get married though right?

Empleh 4

just because she did it first, doesn't mean you cant out do her LOL

Comments

least you still got the dinner reservations to go celebrate :)

Awwww! While that does kinda stink, its not really an FML. It would be an FML if she dumped you or cancelled on you. At least you two are on the same page, she just beat you to it!

Arlitto 0

i think you should still do it :) you two woulda laughed because you were thinking the same thing! lol.

How is this "FML"? You should be celebrating. :P Screw the fireworks.

It sucks that you lost money, but the important thing is that YOU GET TO MARRY HER. If that's not worth the loss of money, you shouldn't get married. I hope you didn't act pissed when she proposed. You still could've made it work. You could've taken her to the restaurant anyway, and you could've had a great evening together laughing about the irony.

It's not really an FML. You could've said yes and used your idea to celebrate.

Tell her you were gonna propose to her that night, she'll propbably love it, and let you do it anyway :)

thekush 0

not really FML.. but you should have told her you will think about it and quickly have the fireworks proposal at dinner changed to a ''yes, her name''... then its a win win for you both. Congrats bro!

at least ur together unlike everyone else who finds out their bf/gf is cheating on them. sorry though.

Awe! Well it's still the thought that counts. And if you did go through with your plan, I'm sure she'd still love it.