By Anonymous - 07/07/2009 23:04 - United States

Today, I was going to propose to my girlfriend of 3 years. I got reservations for a romantic dinner, and at the end, fireworks would spell out my proposal. The whole thing had taken weeks to plan out and had cost me a lot of money. She proposed to me at a subway station first. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 847
You deserved it 9 007

Same thing different taste

Top comments

singer4life666 0

Atleast you two are going to get married though right?

Empleh 4

just because she did it first, doesn't mean you cant out do her LOL

Comments

rustyrox 0

They can write stuff out via fireworks? Hmmm....interesting....anyways you sound like you guys aren't gonna be a great match. I smell a divorce soon.

i see who wears the pants in the relationship. i'd never propose to my boyfriend. cuz what am i supposed to do? hold out an engagement ring to him and then wear it myself? idts! sorry about the money you spent on the fireworks and stuff. and to #18, horrrrrible idea. she'd be soooo pissed off.

examancer 0

It sounds to me like this outcome will prove better than your story book fantasy. Obviously you both really want to get married. This is a more romantic story when you think about it. I bet when the night you planned comes (or if it has) you will have a great time watching the fireworks propose to her anyways. You will have a great story to tell everyone you meet for the rest of your life. The only thing that might be ****** here is your perception of a ****** life. If this is the largest problem you have then... Well, you have no problems. I'm sure you already knew that though. I'm sure you knew this wasn't that ****** at all. You had a story, its entertaining and interesting, somewhat ironic and you are so excited you have an overwhelming urge to share it. Even in an obfuscated medium like FML hidden behind the thin veil that you are confessing somethinng "******" you are really just fulfilling your need to tell the world how happy you are. I know what that's like. I've been there before. Today, I was feeling lonely so I was reading fmylife.com. I read the site to find stories that let me know I'm not alone in my pain. The first story I read is about a guy upset his girlfriend proposed to him before he could propose to her. Boo hoo. FML.

Well... You could still carry out the plan. But it wouldn't be that big of a surprise I guess. Not so much of an FML. At least she didn't reject you AFTER you proposed.

qwertyone 0

You will laugh about it in 10 years.

sucks that you put so much money into it and then she proposed but dont let it get you down im sure she'd enjoy the fireworks u say yes she says yes everyone is happy. congratulations on getting married

car6435 0

well still put the show on. your marrage is garentee atleast

dude... i don't know about you but i see it as an awesome thing just shows you're in exactly the same place.. which is kinda rare