By Anonymous - 07/07/2009 23:04 - United States

Today, I was going to propose to my girlfriend of 3 years. I got reservations for a romantic dinner, and at the end, fireworks would spell out my proposal. The whole thing had taken weeks to plan out and had cost me a lot of money. She proposed to me at a subway station first. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 847
You deserved it 9 007

Same thing different taste

Top comments

singer4life666 0

Atleast you two are going to get married though right?

Empleh 4

just because she did it first, doesn't mean you cant out do her LOL

Comments

letitbe56 0

If she loves you and wants to marry you, I doubt she'll mind if you go through with your plans anyway. Say you're taking her out to celebrate, let the whole thing happen, and then say, "I'd been planning this long before you asked me, and it means a lot to me that we're both so committed to each other," or something along those lines but better. As it is, your FML sort of reads, "Today, the woman I want to marry said she wanted to marry me. FML" Doesn't quite work.

Why is this a FML? Just answer yes, tell her you also planned to propose, then both of you go enjoy what you've planned. Now that you know she will say "yes", you can ENJOY your evening! And guess what... since you BOTH proposed, you know how much you BOTH love EACH OTHER. Gee isn't that great???

Err that actually sounds like good news, it's not like you still couldn't go through with your plans she would probably think it was very sweet. if you think this is a FML you need mental help.

poongie 0

Actually, that's kind of cute so who cares?! Now you have a great story to tell people!

amazin67666 0

sorry man, at least you know she wants to get married tho...I hope you still did the whole fire work thing. Maybe be you could have changed the writing to say "I love you" or something, I don't know.

kawa_fml 0

oh man im sorry about that. that really sux FYL

kira822_fml 0

Just do it again. Besides it's more classy for the guy to propose.

IOwnedYou 0

So what? Atleast you know she actually wants to get married to you..

Haha well this one isn't that bad at least you know she wants to get married. And you can still do yours since it's planned out. You'd just have to tell her about it so she doesn't think you have alzheimers