By Anonymous - 07/07/2009 23:04 - United States

Today, I was going to propose to my girlfriend of 3 years. I got reservations for a romantic dinner, and at the end, fireworks would spell out my proposal. The whole thing had taken weeks to plan out and had cost me a lot of money. She proposed to me at a subway station first. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 847
You deserved it 9 007

Same thing different taste

Top comments

singer4life666 0

Atleast you two are going to get married though right?

Empleh 4

just because she did it first, doesn't mean you cant out do her LOL

Comments

After the second year, she probably thought you'd have done it by now. She was just getting it out. I'm a little confused as to you were on your way to proposing to her? Say yes, and then propose as planned and make it a sweet moment. Make some excuse, like you wanted to ask her, since she already asked you. My parents proposed to each other a total of eight times before it took. Honestly. Haha.

It's really more a sign that the communal feelings that you have for one another are real. Most FMLs would have been "She's been screwing my BF" or "She's a Dude" but this seems genuinely sweet. It means that the dinner you shared was more of celebration, and honestly, fireworks are just icing on the cake. She'll love you for it, regardless of whether she proposed first or not. Congratulations.

You know, I think its a beautiful thing that women propose. And dont just one up her. Say yes, but tell her you also wanted to show her something. Then take her to her dinner and truly sweep her off her feet. Congratulations you two.

This would have been my advice too. Maybe, "I can't answer that question right now, but you'll know before the night's out," if it's already proposal day. Congrats, and good luck! This is the cutest FML I've read thus far!

Wow, that's not an FML. Just turn the occasion into something else, maybe a celebration or something.

Congratulations! This will at least be a nice story to tell later on.

should if still gone through with it. or said, I'll tell you in a little sweet heart.

Kadmium 0

You're making a commitment to the one you love and you're whiny because she asked you first? Dude, just be thrilled she's on the same page. It's a beautiful thing.

fakkumairaifu 14

Why is this here? Your girlfriend loves you enough to propose first? That's a MLIA if I ever heard one. I hope you went through with it anyway.