By Kaylz - 07/03/2016 04:35 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, I was given a $100 cookbook as a gift by a co-worker. The man who shares a desk with me didn't realise it was mine, as he was at lunch when I got it, so he decided to give it to my boss when he walked in. My boss is refusing to return it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 199
You deserved it 1 462

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Steve97 32

Get your other co worker to vouch that it was a gift and report your boss for theft. Unless your company as a strict policy against gift giving.

alex_the_tiger 14

At a loss for words by how much of an ass your boss is

Comments

football98_fml 20

Wow what a total douche. Hopefully he gives it back. Fyl

You know that's theft. Your co-worker is guilty and your boss is in possession of stolen goods.

Yep. And the boss just made it worse for themself after the fact. HR would have a field day with both of them.

So your co worker just stole from you?! Not cool

MisterKnowItAll 15

not gonna lie, I thought that said cockblock at first

andrmac 25

Aww who can down vote Mr Bean?!? Well someone with a pic of him anyway.

I'd report my boss to his higher up. That's nothing less than stealing. Oh and your coworker is an asshole.

Publikwerks 14

Not your bosses fault - he didn't take it. Your deskmate is a thief. He owe's you $100. "I didn't realize it was yours". Well, dumb ass, it obviously wasn't yours. Get HR involved with your deskmate.

To begin with, when the boss was given the book without knowing it was someone else's, that wasn't his fault, but now it is. Once he refused to give it back even after the OP said if was theirs, he made himself a culprit. He is now knowingly in possession of stolen goods, and is refusing to give them back.

Publikwerks 14

After re-reading it, I think we are missing some detail - did the coworker give it to the Boss saying "I don't know who's this is" or is it "Here is a gift" If it's the former, then the boss is being a jerk.

It doesn't really matter if he said it was a gift. It reallllly sucks, sure, but he has no right to keep it after he learned it was stolen from op.

Have your co-worker whom you share your desk with, reimburse you for it! It was his mistake after all!

Peacheess 14

Your co-worker is a ass if he just gives away stuff on YOUR desk. He needs to pay up and replace the book

What the hell kind of cookbook costs $100?? Do the pages have gold edging?? What kind of people do you work with that would give you that expensive of a gift? I kind of want these coworkers.