By Lifeguard - 04/04/2009 19:03 - United States

Today, I was fired because a patron complained that she didn't like the way I kept staring at her kids. I was a lifeguard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 92 536
You deserved it 4 496

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You couldn't have explained that to your boss? All lifeguards have to watch the kids in the pool. It's part of the job description...

Comments

glockjaw 0

# 8. Save your ranting for a message board that gives a shit. And what kind of stupid comparison is that? tongue hanging out like a cartoon character? Maybe you should reread the FML because there isn't anything in there saying their tongue was hanging out? Congrats, you're an idiot!

crazy_cat_lady 0

You should have begged to keep your job by promising not to watch anyone at any time, even if they're screaming and crying for help.

#11 Um, take a joke. Honestly I just watched The Mask and the FML reminded me of the point when Jim Carey as the mask sees Cameron Diaz for the first time. Face turns into a wolf and his tongue rolls out and hits the floor like he's slobbering over her. It was meant as a joke, thus the second part that said "Honestly" which should imply to you that I wasn't being honest or truthful with the first part. Reading comprehension bud, reading comprehension. And I'll rant and write full length sentences as I so well choice. I don't remember in the ToS that I needed to keep my comments to a minimum (thus no character length for the comments) or that I needed to only write a FML or YDI and a little funny quip. Seriously grow up.... idiot!

hahahahahah # 5 , ;) thats pretty stupid , your just doing your job .

Anyone who complains about lifeguards looking at people is insane. It's their *job*.

Lame! Can you file a complaint somewhere?

You should have been keeping an eye on the kids in the pool instead of checking out her 5 year old daughter sunbathing, you perv.

How were you watching them? Behind bushes? Or were you on the lifeguard stand?

cxal_fml 0

Lifeguards scan pools, not stare at kids. But if they were the only kids in the pool, there were no other patrons, and they were in the same general pool area, it would have made sense that he was only looking at them

even still, him scanning the pool might seem like he's staring at someone, especially if he's wearing sunglasses or something where you can't see exactly where he's looking at.

Maybe the kids were poor swimmers. I watch a poor swimmer more than an average or good one.