By Idle_Twin - 17/05/2015 17:53 - United States - Miami

Today, I was finishing my chest workout at the gym when this really cute girl started using the machine next to me. To impress her, I tried lifting a lot of weight on the barbell. It ended up landing on my neck and she had to help me get it off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 925
You deserved it 33 384

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Guys... Seriously, STOP trying to impress girls that way ("look at how I am strooooong!!!"), you always end up on FML with the shame.

At least you weren't using the shake weight.

Comments

My dad had to have multiple back surgeries over the span 30 years after trying to impress a girl by lifting too much weight one time. He didn't marry her or take her on a date. He married my mom, and they bonded when he stole her sack lunch from the coat room. See? Being yourself works better than hurting yourself.

Try impressing her with a skill or attribute that you actually possess.

YDI... Stop trying to impress girls

As soon as I read "trying to impress" I clicked YDI. Don't try so hard.

nitrog100 21

You completely deserve it. Don't try to show off at the gym.

As a girl who spends a lot of time in the gym, I probably wouldn't have even noticed that you were trying to impress me. I would probably have noticed you more if you came over and introduced yourself and made some sort of excuse to say hello. Hell, I would have spotted you if you asked.

If you're trying to show off, make sure you can actually do what you're attempting. Otherwise you look like a tool and a complete dumbass.

When will you idiots realize we couldn't care less about what you're doing in the gym? A chick who's really into fitness isn't even paying attention to you. She's kicking ass in the squat rack.

First YDI, Second I'm impressed you didn't die from all that weight falling on your neck. I'd think it'd be enough to break it.