By Idle_Twin - 17/05/2015 17:53 - United States - Miami

Today, I was finishing my chest workout at the gym when this really cute girl started using the machine next to me. To impress her, I tried lifting a lot of weight on the barbell. It ended up landing on my neck and she had to help me get it off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 925
You deserved it 33 384

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Guys... Seriously, STOP trying to impress girls that way ("look at how I am strooooong!!!"), you always end up on FML with the shame.

At least you weren't using the shake weight.

Comments

That's seems to be a trend today...if u can't do it, don't

Look for like an Ice-Cream or frozen yogurt joint near the gym... A lot of the girls go there after their work out.

I will never understand why some guys try to impress girls that way. I, as a girl, have always preferred when a man approaches and just says hi.

strike up a conversation or compliment her... that will impress more rather then trying to show off and hurting yourself .

You still got her attention haha. Next time just be yourself!

As soon as I read, "To impress her...", I knew this was going to be a 'ydi'. Never let your ego take over in the gym, it's always better to know your place especially when lifting heavy weights.

Sathane 21

Well, that's about as close as you'll be getting to her body. P

Am i the only one who thinks that it's kind of cute if a guy goes out of his way to impress a girl? I get that it's a YDI but i also feel sorry for you.. You could've just laughed it off & start a conversation with her! Take advantage of the situation, know what i mean?

I guess you could say... She took your breath away.

I love double standards. I once did this, not trying to impress anyone, but increased my bench weight, the first rep was a piece of cake, tried for a second... lying there, stuck, gym was quiet, no one sees me... Then finally a guy walked by and picked it off my chest like it was a toothpick. Started a great conversation, and a good workout friendship.