By imnotcool - 16/04/2009 05:08 - United States

Today, I was driving home from work when I saw a cop come up behind me. Nervous about my expired license, I kept checking in my rear view mirror. In turn since I wasn't paying attention, I ran a stop sign. Needless to say the cop pulled me over and gave me 2 tickets. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 561
You deserved it 68 093

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You were driving with an expired license. You absolutely deserved it. Follow the law. It isn't hard to do.

Socrates_fml 0

you'd never get caught for the expired license if you didn't run the stop sign. at least u didn't kill anyone in the crosswalk, cuz then you'd have 3 tickets

Comments

elemenopyqrstuv 0

Being a police officer, I don't understand why people get so nervous when we're just driving around on duty... Often times we're busy responding to a low-key complaint call (no blue lights) so we're not even paying attention to your driving. But then there are other times we are on patrol and looking for violations. You don't know how many times I've stopped someone for something so minor as not using a turn signal, and having it turn into a DUI or driving with license suspended arrest. So fact of the matter is, if you don't have anything to be nervous about, then don't worry!

hipprep83 0

Really? FYL? You are an idiot for driving with an expired license to begin with. People like you are why there should be licenses required for procreation as well, cut down on the repetition between stupid parents and stupid children.

What #21 said. Jesus Chirst, people are more afraid of cops these days than Grand Theft Auto'ers o_O

YDI for panicing. Some times I wish I could pull out and stop some of these people I see, pulling out and around cars on two laned when the car is stopped to turn left. Not only is it illegal, but one of these times that i see it, someone is going to get t-boned. Wait till the car turns to go assholes. That and tail gaters, if my car was expendable, there would be none left on the road once I was finished with them.

jimmyb00o5 0

You must be a woman. Or Asian.

WIDRR 0

#25 Sexism and racism in less than 10 words, I'm impressed.... Now there's going to be arguements about women's driving. anyway this is more a case of epic fail than FML. Maybe now you will get your licence renewed on time.

ohhhhshizzz 0

#27: No arguments about womans driving, lets just talk about the idiots on the internet and how annoying and dumb they are. That is much funnier, lets all ban together to hate one person. And @OP: YDI, why would you panic just drive. But go get you licence renewed NOW.

#17, not sure where you live, but in many parts of USA cops do have quotas to meet...

I study pre-law criminal justice. Quotas are very uncommon these days and are primarily an anti-cop talking point. Keep your vehicle in order and obey traffic laws. It's not at all difficult.