By maxus - 19/11/2009 14:37 - United States

Today, I was babysitting my nephew. He was watching the episode where Spongebob smashes his guitar while playing. I walk into the kitchen to make him a snack, and I hear a loud crash... My nephew smashing my brand new guitar to be like Spongebob. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 891
You deserved it 4 506

Same thing different taste

Today, I was babysitting my niece and let her watch cartoons on YouTube while I cooked dinner. She screamed as I was cutting up carrots and I cut myself. She had turned on an episode of Happy Tree Friends and was now crying and wouldn't stop. My brother thumped me for not watching her. I now have a cut hand and black eye. FML
I agree, your life sucks 295
You deserved it 461

Top comments

sue sponge bob. It is every patriotic American's duty to sue whoever they can, whenever they can, for whatever reason they can think of.

Comments

Lol i know what episode it is :D THE CAMPFIRE SONG SONG :D

Let's gather round the campfire, and sing our campfire song. OUR C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S-O-N-G SONG.

CrimsonFury73 2

Though I don't condone it, I'm sure you can get a replacement guitar if you sue Nickelodeon...so long as the kid says he smashed it because he saw it on Spongebob, and there were no other possible causes.

Ye_Editor 0

Clearly it's time to get your nephew's parents to pony up the money and replace the guitar. There's no way you should have to bear the loss for their kid's destructive tendencies.

How old is your nephew? I doubt a 5 year old toddler can lift a guitar.

ifailplzinsultme 0

It's pretty hard to smash up a an electric guitar, and even a half-decent acoustic should thwart a youngster's attempts at instrument abuse. Having said that, Spongebob is an idiotic piece of programming and if the kid does stupid things after you exposed him to a stupid TV show, look in the mirror for the person you should be blaming. YDI.

expen_dable 0

of course there's a pretentious high schooler who thinks saying "you deserve it for putting spongebob on" makes him look "better". sorry kiddo, but elementary school kids would rather watch spongebob than take emo pictures for their Myspaces and watch movies about effeminate vampires like you probably do. and parents are, for the most part, out of the Pretentious High Schooler stage so they don't care that Spongebob isn't considered elite and groundbreaking. its a KIDS SHOW.

I'll have you know I'm 29, 'kiddo'. Don't let my baby-smooth skin fool you. :) Not a Twilight fan either. Or a Myspace *****. But the rest of your put-down was awesome. No child of mine will ever watch Spongebob, nor any of the frankly bizarre "kids shows" I've come across both here (US) and in the UK. I'll be doing something radical: interacting and being part of my own kids' lives! *gasp* I know, I know, who would actually be foolhardy enough to try such a thing!? Well, my own parents did it and I turned out ok-ish. My wife's a teacher, so between us we might be able to turn out something half-decent. Check some international education ranking tables. The US doesn't even make it into the Top 25 for reading, maths or science! Millions of stupid kids, raised by stupid parents on stupid TV shows. Tbh, not only is this a YDI for the OP but it's a FML for that kid, whose parents obviously don't give a flying **** about his brain.

My childhood was crappy because I didn't have Spongebob..? o_O You have a tragic metric for happiness.

This has to be the most idiotic thing I have ever read. Yes, it is a problem if the parents don't give a shit about their kids and let them watch tv all day, but there's no harm in letting your kids watch shows like spongebob every once in awhile. Both of my parents interacted and were involved in the lives of my siblings and I, we grew up watching spongebob among other shows, and we aren't your definition of ****** up at all. Like I said, it is a problem if you let your kids watch tv 24/7 and ignore them for the most part, but there's no harm in letting them watch it every now and then.

Never leave anything valuable around little kids. They're more destructive than woodchippers.

Im_Not_Jimmy 0

So, your brother, or sister, or whomever it is the little hellion belongs to, can buy you a new one.

proud_liberal 0

kids are very impressionable. tv should be banned for kids under 18. once ur an adult, then you can choose for yourself but before that tv should be banned. think how much better society would be. it's a question of the greater good

Right, and we should lock up the libraries because there are some books with bad words. OH! and sidewalks are so hard and danergous! They'll need knee and elbowpads at all times! Don't make it tv's fault that bad parents exist. I'm pretty sure you weren't 18 before tv was invented. Did you destroy things on a regular basis?

expen_dable 0

actually, its the Republicans who think kids are too impressionable, they are the ones censoring and banning everything that adults like while saying "THINK OF DER CHILDREN!!11" to justify it.

Don't blame television for obvious shitty parenting.

"Lets gather around the campfire, and sing our campfire song. Our C.A.M.P.F.I.R.E S.O.N.G song."