By Anonymous - 30/09/2009 15:39 - United States

Today, I was babysitting my boss's kids. I brought chocolate for them and the youngest said he had never had chocolate and didn't want any. I told him he should always try new things and should eat it. He did. He's allergic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 414
You deserved it 42 030

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hellsno 0

I call bullshit. Your boss didn't tell you his kid was allergic to chocolate?

Comments

Pandachewchew12 0

I think regardless of the allergy you were kind of in the wrong if the kid had said he'd never had any ad didn't want any. A lot of parents like to keep their kids away from junk food when they're young so they don't get into bad eating habits. I used to get really annoyed when people thought it was cute to give my daughter lollies when she was little and still thought bananas and strawberries were desserts.

i feel like the boss might have known the kid was allergic, it's strange for a kid to have never had chocolate. in that case it's the boss's fault for not mentioning this important detail to the babysitter. the op was just trying to give the kid something he'd enjoy, i don't think it's her fault.

@SourPatchx3 oh come on, convincing a kid with words to eat some chocolate is abuse? really?? hitting a kid is abuse. neglecting a kid is abuse. persuading a kid to each chocolate is NOT even close to on the same level.

lmaoatyourlife 0

I think its pretty obvious that the boss wasn't aware of the allergy considering the child said they had never had any before. Besides, even if the boss aware, why would he just assume that the OP would give chocolate to his child?

if he were aware he should have told the babysitter regardless. a babysitter trying to win over kids by giving them chocolate is not uncommon. even if he was allergic to the rarest breed of tsetse fly the babysitter needs to be informed if the parents know. i don't think it's "obvious" the boss wasn't aware of the allergy, what if the kid had chocolate once when he was very little and didn't remember it? depending on how old the kid is, it's slightly unusual that the kid had never been exposed to chocolate before. OR, he could have been allergy tested, so his parents knew he was allergic and never gave him any. in that case refer to point 1.

YDI for not being told about the kid's allergy to choclate. You really abused that kid and it was totally your fault. OH WAIT

Whether or not the boss told the sitter is irrelevant. If the kid didn't want any, the OP shouldn't have forced the kid to have any.

idiot. ydi for giving sugar to someone elses kid. I hope he fires you.

ElMundio87 0

because sugar is some sort of a gateway drug amirite

Bob31_fml 4

a lot of parents, particularly nowadays, are trying to discourage their kids from eating nothing but sugar and candy. YDI for giving the boss's kid junk to eat.

You are so fired lol but still your boss should have told you about the allergy.Sorry to hear that but it's more of a FYL.