By aianmoo16 - 01/05/2016 21:52 - United States - Chicago

Today, I was at a mini arcade and accidentally put a hundred dollar bill through the quarter machine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 436
You deserved it 9 182

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You found a quarter machine that accepts a $100 bill? Highest I can find is a $10

DeadxManxWalking 27

How do you not look at the bill before putting it in, knowing you had a hundred dollar bill in you? always double check. Edit: Looks like you'll be making it hail instead of rain.

Comments

I am laughing to myself as I imagine 400 quarters come out of a machine.

That's the upside of a currency where the different notes not only differ in size, but each one has a different, bright color.

FalloutScrolls 25

Highest bill I've ever seen an a quarter machine take is a $20. Did you actually get 400 quarters? I'm most curious as to how you didn't notice the amount beforehand. Did you think it was a $10?

It's not that bad! Go to the bank or a Coin Star machine.

I don't think a bank would appreciate 400 quarters, and coin star takes about 10%, I believe so that would be $10 just to get back to bill form.

Offft. tough break. American Bills are all the same size if i remember correctly. This is why different sized bills would be a good idea.

I feel like at least half of all the money-related FML's from the US are due to the fact that all your bills have the same colour.

Yeah in the US all of our bills are green, over the past decade some colour to our bills but not enough to actually make that big of a difference, as the bills are still mostly green.

As someone from the US, I never realized the difference that multiple colors/sizes of bills made until I lived in a foreign country. Now it's so weird to me that US bills look the same (the slight changes in color make no real difference to the bills). It seems counterintuitive to have bills that similar.

I've often wondered how the various bill accepting machines in the US distinguish between the different notes if they are all the same size/color.

Cauldroup 13

How is that even possible?