By neednewdeoderant - 14/12/2011 02:39 - United States

Spicy
Today, I walked into my bathroom to find my girlfriend applying my deodorant. This would have been fine, if she wasn't applying it to her mouth. I don't think deodorant helps with bad breath, but a quick Google search shows that it does help with herpes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 611
You deserved it 3 547

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When I first read this, I saw "If she wasn't applying it to"... Is it wrong if I thought crotch first?

gunmania0 12

There are two ways you can get herpes... just don't let her give you a Blowie...

Comments

Rainchikmoo 6

Why didn't she use her own deodorant? Did she want to spread the love?

She could just have a cold sore? Perfume or deodorant helps kill them off

a cold sore is still a virus and a different form of herpes..

It's actually exactly the same virus. If it's in the mouth, it's highly likely to be HSV-1 (Herpes Simplex Virus 1). HSV-2 is the virus which is generally responsible for genital herpes, and while HSV2 can affect the mouth and HSV1 can afflict the genitals, both cases are comparatively rare (only around 20%). A HSV outbreak in the mouth, be it 1 or 2 can be limited to a single cold sore, right up to sores around the lips, tongue, roof, inside of cheeks etc. There are better topical treatments than deodorant either way...

It's the same virus but she couldve just gotten it from the weather

kaykay20 0
DirtyJerzey8083 7

And a cold sore is a form a herpes so regardless of the type of herpes she has she can spread it to the genital area or any other area for that matter. Using his deodorant just goes to show she's a selfish broad with straight disregard for spreading a horrible disease that's incurable. What a bitch I hope u dumped her for not telling you he had it and I hope u haven't let her blow u recently. U prolly already have mouth herpes from kissing her :-(

Llamacod 11

The weather? Seriously? Nuff said.

I get cold sores once every few months it's not that big of a deal mine are induced by stress some deodorant actually works miracles on them if u don't want to go out and buy like abreva

CaptainPickles72 18

Plus herpes is not always from a sexual activity. I got it when I was 12, I get infected around my eyes, (if it moves to the cornea and effects that, I could lose an eye), and once on my ear lobes..... very painful. And for people who keep saying it's very treatable, that is both right and wrong, it just depends on where you have it. Around your eyes, mouth, and most likely crotch is easily treatable with meds, though some can be expensive! It's not as easily treatable if a girl has outbreaks inside her ****** though, and I've heard it is painful.

bobbycorwen 5

As long as you stay with her, be prepared for a long bumpy road... :(

Hahaha bumpy! You're punny!! Get it!? Pun-ny? Cuz you said bumpy and the FML is about herpes!? Ima go now..:(

THEY'RE JUST GODDAMN COLD SORES. Relax, lots of people get them, it's just that uneducated pricks run around making a big deal out of a fever blister. If its on someone's mouth it's NOT AN STD.

Actually it can be an STD if it's in her mouth. Ever heard of oral sex? Yeah, you can get herpes in your mouth. You can also get cold sores from things like the weather or allergies, so it doesn't necessarily mean it's herpes, versus if they were on her snatch, but you CAN have an STD in your mouth. Please don't call other people uneducated when you don't even know the correct answer.

All cold sore come from the herpes simplex virus. All of them. Every last one. Weather and allergies aggravates the condition. The likelihood that she got hsv1 from a completely innocent source is extremely high. Don't yell at me for calling someone uneducated and then state something that is simply untrue.

kaykay20 0

The only sure way to know is if he gets a cold sore or canker sore. Most of the time it won't show up on a test if it's herpes simplex one. Best thing for his girlfriend to do is get abreva or other type of actual cold sore and canker sore ointment and resist kissing and such during a outbreak (still decent advice if he leaves her).

Strange, just checked on Google and couldn't find anything related to spraying deodorant in the mouth helps with herpes...Fake? I did see a lot like "I used my friend's deodorant and he has Herpes, do I have it HALP?" though.

You would be mighty shallow if you dumped your girl just becuase she had herpes, which you most likely gave her. And if she is sleeping around with other men, which may have gotten her that STD, well then you are obviously doing something wrong and you two should seek counselling. So I'm sorry, but YDI.

Um...really? You said YDI because SHE has a STD and didn't tell her partner (Which is illegal by the way). Umm, if OP knew he had it, he wouldn't do "it", ya know. Men are not all total douchebags (I know this isn't your idea, but it sound like it-ish...)

Um how is her cheating on him his fault? If she cheated on him it's her own damn problem, not his.

Her not telling him her STD further proves my point. There is obviously an underlying factor here. They don't trust eachother. He deserves it for not realizing this. I'm just saying thier relationship needs some repairing and it looks like this STD ordeal is their wake-up call. I mean I'm no Dr Phill, this is just my opinion. Think what you want to think yall.

SimonREWQ 0

Just do me a favor and go die because you have poor judgment in every post of yours. Your death will contribute greatly to the world. One less of a bad critic in the world = higher overall percentage of good critics. Thank you.

The oral kind of herpes, also known as cold sores, is NOT an STD. Oral herpes and genital herpes are caused by different strains of the herpes simplex virus...

FYLDeep 25

#40 - Who cares? Do you really think the OP would want either one?

37- Have you considered the possibility that some people don't tell their partners that they have STDs because they are selfish a**holes, not because of trust issues between the people involved?

37, your opinion SUCKS..NOBODY deserves an STD of any kind, regardless of any so-called "trust" issues or lack of skills in the bedroom....my opinion is that you should should just stfu, since you obviously don't know what you're talking about & I don't need to be a DR of anything to say that either.

It's only illegal to not tell a partner of an STD if you know you have one and if it's a life threatening one such as HIV heroes is not life threatening and not always contagious. Also a lot of people have it and don't know they have it because it's mild or what have you. Also I agree that it would be a shallow reason to break up with the other person. If you're educated properly and cautious you won't catch it

kaykay20 0

Sleeping around is one possibility but you can get it from sharing personal items that they touched directly during a outbreak, kissing their partner if they have it, etc. Doesn't always mean she cheated in fact she could have had it before they even met.

So you would **** yourself into a disease so you don't look shallow? To each his own. If my husband knew he had herpes, didn't tell me, and decided to self-medicate with my deodorant, looking shallow would be far down on my list of things to care about. .

The oral herpes virus is a different strain from the genital.

NYCZO 0

If she gives him a bj hell have herpes down there.

If it’s the herpes that causes cold sores… my man, I wouldn’t want that down there, they’re bad enough on the mouth. Regardless, sucks either way