By Anonymous - 28/10/2015 04:10 - Australia - Brisbane

Spicy
Today, I tried to hold my new boyfriend's hand while on a date. He let go quickly though, letting me know that we aren't at "that stage" of the relationship yet. We've been having sex for two weeks now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 095
You deserved it 5 851

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hate to be THAT person on FML, but I would seriously consider leaving that relationship. If he's ******* you but can't be bothered to hold your hand in public, that's a bit of a red flag. Then again you could always talk to him, but this just seems a bit suspect to me. EDIT: And to the comments before me, using sex as a weapon is immature.

Comments

YourOpinionSucks 22

Why even withhold sex, if it seems like he's just wanting a friend's with benefits situation, maybe you two need to have a talk. If that's not your thing, I'd suggest moving on because he seems like a fuckboy only capable of being a decent lay (not a decent boyfriend). Buuuut, that's just my two cents.

sailorarctic 22

if he won't hold your hand in public but you are sleeping together that's not a boyfriend that's a friend with benefits. sorry, op, but been there done that.

Well we all know that's true.. you're only supposed to hold hands after the first baby.. :D But seriously, sorry to hear abt this OP. Hope it turns out for the better!! :)

ViviMage 38

He seems to be here for he sex, not for a deep emotional relationship. I'd leave if this keeps up.

I read an article that talked about how holding hands in public is actually now a more intimate act than sex.

I wouldn't think too much into it. Some guys just don't like holding hands. It's a PDA thing and some just aren't comfortable with that. I would talk to him first about it. I'm in a relationship and we never hold hands. Never really have. He just doesn't like it. However, we are married so I'm inclined to say it's not a FWB situation.

If that's the case, he needs to say it. Being uncomfortable with PDA is different than believing they aren't "at that stage."

That was my first reaction, that he's not in to PDA. My boyfriend never has, and never will, hold my hand in public, even though at home we hold hands constantly, and I can't fall asleep without his hand in mine. We've been together for a year and a half, and we're having a baby in the spring. So I'm pretty sure he's not embarrassed to be out with me, he just doesn't feel comfortable with public affection.

Sex isn't actually a stage in a relationship. Some people will always be uncomfortable with PDA. Also what you do in private is different than what you do in public (if you've been having sex in public though he should be holding your hand).

Looks like no more sex from you am I right? Please tell me I'm right lol