By dating a fucking psycho - 14/02/2013 20:06 - United States - Hickory

Today, I tried to give some change to a homeless man. My girlfriend pulled me away and ranted about how homeless people are all basically bastards who deserve their misfortune, and that I shouldn't give "our" money away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 905
You deserved it 6 029

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fldlshrhxirfue 3

I just hope that in 20 years she's homeless and begging you for money. Hey, if the breakup goes bad, you can use this against her.

Comments

While I do not agree that homeless people are all bastards that deserve their misfortune, I do agree that you shouldn't give your change to them. Unfortunately the majority of them do use the money they receive for alcohol as they feel they have nothing better to do and it numbs their pain. Rather than give them money, buy them some food or a useful article of clothing, or a cab/bus ride to a shelter. You can also support your local shelters as these things may actually help the homeless. Your gf does sound kinda creepy though, especially if you guys haven't been together for very long.

PieknyCzlowiek 7

It is sort of true, lost of homeless people chose to stay homeless because they make more money from that than they do working.

Really? Why don't you give it a try, then?

She really meant her money first off and now you can see how sleeping on the couch feels if you live with her of course and from now on skip the homeless guy and give the money straight to her it's easier that way

seamus2008 1

That's nothing, I've pulled knives on hobos cause they won't leave me alone. Your gf is a keeper

I think it's the fact that they're NOT married and she said "our money" that upset him. Had they been married and she said that, I feel like it wouldn't be a problem.

blackman100 20

Sadly, there is some truth to this statement. If OP and his girlfriend are tight financially, and if this homeless person was on the streets because of bad decisions, then they should save their money. Sorry if this man was just unlucky. But OP's heart is in the right place.

"... and you shouldn't give our money away." "Uh, (insert her name here)?" "Yea?" "We're breaking up."

As someone who has spent some time living in a shelter and hanging around other homeless people, what I have to say is this: 95% of the time, the person you give money to is either going to spend it on alcohol, cigarette's or drugs, OR they aren't actually homeless, and do it for money. Seriously, if you want to help the homeless, buy them something like food or whatever, but don't give them cash/change.

This is how I prefer to help them. I'd rather spent $10 on a meal for them at a fast food restaurant then hand them $10.

If you had to pay someone to do everything that a housewife does, you would be forking out a fortune. Women's work is not easy and it does have a dollar value, so don't infer that being a housewife means her work is worthless or that she would have no claim to the money that comes in. Someone has to do that work, regardless. Moreover, as a married couple, it IS hers as well. Of course, the girlfriend in this particular situation is nasty (in my opinion) and very short-sighted and naïve. But that does not mean that housewives in general are, and as such, their work should not be trivialised.

wolfman10187 5

Now dump that ***** run as fast as you can