By boblaj - 22/05/2012 16:11 - United Kingdom - Hastings

Today, I took the day off work to be with my wife, since she's always bemoaning my lack of romantic gestures. As thanks, she spent most of the day reading Fifty Shades of Grey, which is basically a blatant plagiarism of Twilight, starring a pair of two-dimensional BDSM freaks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 856
You deserved it 4 028

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dammit redbluegreen! You edited your comment and now I look like an idiot.

Comments

the lady knows what she wants and isn't getting it from you. read the book and see what she likes

missd420 16

Fifty shades actually started as a twilight fan fiction. FYL

Couldn't you try to drive her off the book?

that book is nothing similar to actual bdsm. that's just an abusive violent relationship that they describe in the book.

ginamori77 7

that has nothing to do with twilight

The book started as a Twilight fan fiction, and the author used Search and Replace on all the names. She replaced vampirism with BDSM obsession. It makes a lot of sense if you look at them side by side.

_awwhellnaw_ 45

Just a reminder as well that 50 Shades is about an abusive relationship and there's nothing healthy about it. It's not BDSM. It's kindling.

lol when you said BDSM I couldn't help thinking, "Buying Dat Sexy Merchandise" :3

"A blatant plagiarism of Twilight." Um, I don't think Twilight even existed when 50 Shades of Gray was written.

Umm, yeah, it did. First Twilight book was published in 2005, and FSOG was published in 2011, although I've heard it started off as a Twilight fanfic on E.L.James's site and fanfic pages, and she later turned it into a book. Many people say there are no similarities between Twilight and FSOG, but they're so obvious - clumsy, insecure, plain-looking girl (Bella/Ana); beautiful, rich guy with a dark secret who falls for main girl for no apparent reason (Edward/Christian); hot, exotic male friend of a main girl, he loves her but she doesn't return his feelings (Jacob/Jose); and many more. The author basically just took the whole vampires/werewolves thing out of Twilight, put sex and BDSM (or at least her vision of it) in, changed the names and voila - FSOG was written.

kittykat1501 31

This is rude!!!!!!! Peoples, you hurt peoples feelings by saying these things. There are fans, and an author to those books, and you treat it like shit. They are not bad at all. STOP IT! And you know I'm serious because I don't like swearing.