By thatsucks - 30/12/2010 09:39

Today, I told my best friend that I liked him and have liked him for a long time. His response was "That's cool. So, when did you get a cat?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 135
You deserved it 4 633

Same thing different taste

Top comments

he's clearly a dog lover and he wants u to get rid of the cat before having a relationship

Comments

there s many fmls like this fat chick who has been after her in the closet male friend who totally has been ignoring her advances for years . but she still doesnt get it so he has to shut her down cold

I'm sorry you had to go through that hunn :( Lesson learned: Guys are Idiots that don't know how to show their feelings You deserve better

thats not fair! what, she(he?) likes him, so he has to automatically like her(him?) or he doesnt know how to show feelings? and now hes a terrible person for not liking her(him?)? and she(he?) suddenly deserves better? thats the sort of self entitlement that leads to terrible terrible things. terrible.

Yeah, a "That's cool" reply followed up by a quick change of topic seems much less awkward than- "You're not my type." and then an uncomfortable silence. But both mean the same thing.

TheJaneDoeLife 0

Wut a dumb ass lol it's ok I've gotten a respone simular to that in a problem simular to urs.

I feel for ya, but 2 me it seems he still wants to be your close friend and didn't wanna hurt Ur feelings by having to say I don't feel the same.

kitty_fred 0

i dont no what ur expecting. If he doesnt like u he doesnt like u, and if u wanna no how he feels about it, u have to ask. U stated a fact, not a question. Thats how guys work plus he probably was trying to avoid an akward moment. Sounds like a good friend to me.

Weeell, maybe the cat was a metaphor for your love??? Nah, he's an idiot, FYL.

He must have felt akward because he doesn't like you back.

I think that if someone likes you and you like them that you don't need to say it. You live it.

TheMissingPiece 3

What a way to change the subject.