By thatsucks - 30/12/2010 09:39

Today, I told my best friend that I liked him and have liked him for a long time. His response was "That's cool. So, when did you get a cat?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 135
You deserved it 4 633

Same thing different taste

Top comments

he's clearly a dog lover and he wants u to get rid of the cat before having a relationship

Comments

Thats a fail but i gotta admit its just a little funny. Still sorry though

hahhahahaha i feel sorry but thats hilarious

jdawg2010 0

I laughed so hard at this. LOL.

His response could mean any number of things. Either it was a polite redirect, instead of his saying he is not interested. Or, more likely, he just did not know how to respond off the top of his head. You did kind of spring this on him. Either way, he seems like he might be a nice and polite person, He just needs time to internalize what you just expressed to him, come to terms with how he feels about your interest, and put his thoughts into a form that can be expressed.

It sounds like he is trying to avoid talking about that. He might just want to be friends. Ask him if he likes you back'

charliethom 0

Well he was pretty nice considering… he wants to be your friend still

usnwife 18

A few weeks after one of my best guy friends broke up with his girlfriend we got to talking and I accidentally let slip that I kinda liked him. We tried dating, it was just too weird, and we're still good friends 6 yrs later. We just both kind of laughed it off and didn't change how we acted around each other. Just because you said that, it doesn't have to ruin your friendship. Just continue your normal behavior, and unless the guy is an ass you should be fine!