By really? - 23/09/2013 02:24 - United States

Today, I texted my girlfriend to tell her that we couldn't hang out because my dog died this morning and we were burying him. She replied that she wasn't going to get stood up by a stupid dog. She then broke up with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 065
You deserved it 4 404

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Everyday_Galaxy 14

I'm sorry but if someone doesn't respect that fact I don't think they deserve respect.

Comments

Little4Bear 10

Well, she obviously doesn't respect your feelings OP. I'd say drop her now but, good luck with her.

Little4Bear 10

LOL, I feel stupid. That's what I get for always staying up late on FML.

Sorry for your loss OP :/ but if that's how she's going to react, you're better off without her..

She should come back around...unless she believes that she has to be number one priority in everything...

What kind of person doesn't understand that pain... I'm with #3, screw her. You're so much better off without her. Your dog still had your back and got rid of her for you. My condolences OP

happyfingers 15

My dogs are like my babies.... Reading that actually made my heart ache a bit. I'm sorry OP. :(

What a heartless dick she is... I'm sorry for your loss.

She's a bitch and I don't mean the female dog kind. Some people love their pets like their own children; she should have been more understanding.

ThatOneTimeLord 25
thegravytrain 6

She was probably just looking for a reason to break up. Also- women tend to diss their ex-boyfriends to everyone they know when they break up with him, so that way the girl comes out looking like the "good and nice" one. You should really milk this for all it's worth, tell everybody about what she did and how she hates animals and doesn't care that your dog died. She will come across sooo b*tchy and cruel to everyone (and that way you will look like the good guy, and gain friends/sympathy and won't look like "the loser who got dumped" you will look like "the good guy who cares for his dog who was dumped by the animal hating b*tch"). In reality, she probably doesn't hate animals she probably was just looking for any old excuse. But still- might as well save your popularity and not be hit that way too. And if enough people give her sh*t, she might end up asking you back if she realizes her popularity will suffer if she doesn't. Also find out why she was gonna dump you in the first place so you dont make the same mistake with future girlfriends

Willibobs 33
thegravytrain 6

Actually it's not, Willibobs, I have a masters in behavioral psychology and in almost all break ups, women tend to blame the man- especially when break ups are sudden, or an obviously fake excuse such as this is given. It shows she does not respect him, and desperately wanted out, and because of that he can be fairly certain she will go telling everybody how absolutey horrible he was (even if he was not). Therefore its in the OP's best interest to get everybody on his side before she can. This is what women do after break ups, they always get people on their side. The guy usually ends up screwed over bcuz he is too lazy to do the same thing and then wakes up one day and has mean texts from former "friends" that are now mad at him, and/or his friends ignore him at school or college and he wonders why then finds out later his girl talked smack about him. You should probably learn what you pretend to talk about, Willibob instead of bandwagoning on the internet. I may have gotten thumbs downs from prepubescent girls who simply DISLIKE me pointing out this truthful advice, as many women feminists especially react rather violently to any stereotyping towards their gender especially if it shines them in a negative light, regardless of truth. But trust me, this advice is true.

Willibobs 33

So I should learn what I pretend to talk about? I said your advice was piss poor... Where am I pretending? Your advice IS piss poor and YOU should learn to not make assumptions based off of one paragraph. I also don't care for what degree you claim to have, it's easy to make these things up on the Internet. Taking advice from you is like taking advice off a sociopath. It's all games so he can gain sympathy and popularity from everyone while turning everyone against her. He doesn't need to make all that shit up that you told him to he simply has to state the facts and I'm sure people will be with him. And if they're not? At least he knows who his friends are. And there you are making assumptions on who thumbed you down, you got them because your advice is shit. Trust me.

106, what the he'll are you talking about?