By idonthavereligion - 29/05/2015 04:16 - United States - Palmer

Today, I started my day off with a relaxing cup of coffee, the morning paper, and the sound of my mother informing me I will be going to hell for being not believing in God. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 960
You deserved it 5 567

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ihavenolifehaha 16

People like her give us normal Christians a bad name..

ihavenolifehaha 16

What I'm saying is that theres two types of Christians: the over religious type Christian that tries to force their views on everyone else, and the normal Christian who believes in God but doesn't shove their beliefs down everyone's throats.

Comments

lol, just tell her she failed as a parent then, because it was her job to teach you to believe

I was taught to believe in God. When I turned 8 I realized I thought religion was weird. I've been an atheist since. It really doesn't always matter what you've been taught

crackajak 15

I was the same age when I realized God was a myth. The moment I noticed Santa had the same handwriting as my mother I started to think for myself.

that you're to stupid you can do anything on your own without God's mercy bothers me more than that you found out that Santa has the same handwriting as your mommy.

If heaven is going to be filled with people like her, then who would really want to go there?? Geez.

Well, when people go to heaven, they are changed. She won't be naggy anyway because only believers go to heaven. I'm not saying non-believers go to hell, most don't.

"most don't". you're speaking as if you know for a fact it happens/exists etc. Please do tell us more

To my knowledge and beliefs, there are 3 placed people may end up after they leave their body. Heaven, purgatory, or hell... If people are very spiritual and believe in God, they will fin themselves in heaven, with a new life. If an animal of baby dies, like an abortion. Those souls may end up in purgatory, but I'm not sure. And people that choose to walk away from God because they have no "proof" that he is real, may or may not end up in hell. I say "proof" because I have experienced the Holy Spirit do miracles.

Furthermore, if hell is full of atheists, drugs, and sex, then teleport my ass to hell 'cause it sounds like one... HELL of a party

#87, youre clearly misinformed. The church teaches animals dont have souls, and, therefore, dont go to purgatory as you said. Secondly, the church teaches that aborted fetus' "go" to heaven because purgatory is supposedly a place to purify your soul before facing god's judgement. Since it's a damn fetus, it cant sin, and doesnt need to purify itself in purgatory is the logic.

Shrooms aren't the Holy Spirit mate

#135 even if your just born you have sin, because Adam and Eve ate from the tree. the only person in the world without sin was mother Mary.

Uhh... She is over exaggerating, but I believe in God and do hope you will too... Please don't send hate to this comment, I just have my own opinion. I mean, who gonna judge you?

you don't need a judge, if you need a judge to be a good person then you are not a good person.

AChaoticFray 25

If you don't believe in God then you probably won't believe in hell so it's a pretty empty threat!

amileah13 26

Well the thing is (I'm not a heavy religious person but this is just something I somewhat understand) wouldn't you have to believe God in order to go to hell? You'd have to believe in both right in order to go to heaven or hell? Just something to think about

Not true at all, there are many people who don't believe in the devil or hell for that matter, just God. Imo you can't have one without the other.

Do you really think God will look at atheists and say "Ok you guys get a free pass because you didn't believe in me or hell in the first place"

#30 That is true. However, I'd guess that a majority of people who believe in a hell-like dimension also believe in a deity.

If you don't believe in God, it's likely that you don't believe in a pit of eternal fire and torture for the wicked run by a red demon with a pitchfork. So I'm not sure what your mother is getting at here.

Hey it says "honor thy father and thy mother", nothing about loving them. If your mother can't accept the fact you dont believe in God she isn't worth your time. If I was in your situation I would just leave, because it can be a long time before she accepts you for who you are.

Telling an atheist he's going to hell is like telling an adult he won't get anything from Santa this year...

Gonna use that analogy the next time someone tries to Pascal's Wager me into their cult