By LNamesOnly - 09/07/2012 07:31 - Australia

Today, I spoke to my hormonal pregnant wife about baby names. I told her I liked the name "Tabitha", and she went into a full rage about how all letters have textures, colours and emotions and how T is an evil letter. Apparently it's orange, plastic, and a needle trying to stab her eyes out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 658
You deserved it 4 184

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I recently discovered a kind of 'disease' where the people who have it connect letters and/or numbers with colours. Let me Google it... Synesthesia, that's the one.

Its just the hormones, nothin to worry about

Comments

Funny, I always considered T to be green.

SYNESTHESIA. She is just a synesthete and you don't know about it. Maybe she doesn't either as she presumably hasn't mentioned it to you. People who have it often do not know others do not experience so many colours in sounds, shapes, letters etc. I am a synesthete also. I want to emphasise it is not a disease, you do not suffer from it, it is a marvellous ability.

dlindemann 3

To be fair, Tabitha is a hideous name. It sounds like a cat's name

dlindemann 3

To be fair, Tabitha is a hideous name. It sounds like a cat's name

Brennan75 3

Actually, it sounds like she has synesthesia. Look it up, it may help you understand.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like your wife has synesthesia. Synesthesia is the ability to perceive letters, numbers, or etc with colors ,textures, and so on. Look it up online.

thehalliemorgan 0

Your wife is displaying symptoms of a rare condition called synesthesia. Scientists and neurologists believe that at birth, everyone has synesthesia due to the fact that our brains are still developing but we eventually out grow it, however, synesthetes don't. I'm a grapheme-color synesthete which means to me all the letters in the alphabet have a designated color. For example, to me A is red and B is purple but every synesthete is different.

Your wife probably has synesthesia. I won't go into detail because it looks like other people have already commented about it, but I had to get that in. :)