By _dopey_ - 17/05/2009 17:34 - United Kingdom

Today, I spilt boiling tea all over my stomach and left leg, so I went to the hospital to get it checked out. They said I wouldn't be able to expose it to the sun for the next two months. I'm going to Barbados tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 976
You deserved it 7 817

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xxPrettyJane 0

Just wear a one-piece (if you're a girl)! If you're a guy, just keep a t-shirt on. it's not that bad. You can still have fun :D

FlyMeAway 2

The doctors have a reason for things. They don't prescribe you or advise you just to make your life harder. I don't see why anyone would thumb your comment up.

Comments

i dont understand u people who one day before going on a trip is ******* up himself like having heart attacks and getting sick and spilling hot water on himself. they pay lot of money to get there and the day before to go on the trip they have to cancel it because they are too bored of their life and must have some kind of disases and the doctor to dont allow them anything .. FYL my husband works in insurance company, i hear of such craps every day when he gets home .. FML TOO

Aw.. :( that rlly sucks XD have fun though

Chucky_09 0

Sorry to hear about your little spill, but I am from Barbados and I will warn you to make sure and cover up but at the same time if you do get the to the beach a little sea water should not hurt, so do enjoy!

#54, the O.P didn't "simple held the button down too long". He/She "simply held the button down too long." And I don't think any mistakes get "adapted as legitimate". Some might get "adopted as legitimate". Just trying to help you learn from your mistake. The English language is butchered too often to simply let it go.

gtdoll 0

Oh I'm so sorry :( u deserve it for drinking tea Though!!! Joking.

M1RSH3 0

wear a wet suit, it covers your stomach and half of your legs. Girls and boys both wear them so you'll be ok

thuryn 2

#80: Self-righteous fail! "Doctors" doesn't need an apostrophe. Plurals use an 's'. Possessives use an apostophe. (Except for pronouns, which are weird.) "Skin patches" doesn't need a hyphen. See, because they are patches of skin. Skin patches. No hyphen necessary. Stop hypenating things just because they go together. We've been using spaces for hundreds of years and they work very well. Inconsistent use of capitalization, lack of period at the end of the post, inventing the part about "extreme sun" (the OP said "expose it to the sun")... Not a lot of room left for you to call other people "idiots." Sure, he was an idiot, but you don't get to say so. You're just as big an idiot. Now sit down.

Don't worry, I fell on a campfire on my boobs, (i was clothed at the time but I scooped up charcole down my top) it was one of the first hot days of summer, I had to wear dressings for a month, have a bit of a scar, and now the doctor said I can never get that area in the sun ... oh hi skin cancer. Use factor 50+ sunblock on the area, that's what the doctor told me. At least you're going to Barbados!