By Tired - 12/01/2015 14:36 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I showed up to work at 6am, only to find out the schedule was changed. I wasn't actually supposed to be there until 9:15. My boss never told me this. I didn't get to go home either, he just said "Oh well. Get to work." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 410
You deserved it 2 974

Same thing different taste

Comments

In this part of the civilized world called Canada I'm pretty sure they have to give you 24 hours notice if they change your hours.

#12 not everyone is from Canada. Here in the US they don't have to give you any notification

incorrect. In the United States it is actually against the law for an employer to change an employee's work schedule without notice and the Employee's consent.

That's not very cool. Hopefully you'll get paid

"No thanks. I'll be back at 9:15. See you then. " Problem solved. He can't actually force you right?

why are you people down voting #25? they're not wrong.

xluciferx666 21

Sucks that you had to work early but at least it's more money

That sucks OP. I hope he at least paid you overtime.

Nope. Just barley hit 40 hours. Not overtime lol

Anything over 8 hours a day and/or 44 hours a week constitutes overtime. So if you work 8 hours a day for 6 days, you would be getting 4 hours OT and if you work 9 hours in one day but only that day for the week, you would still get 1 hour OT. Either way, if you're not scheduled till later, your boss can not make you stay not can he threaten any consequences should you leave. Your boss sounds like a tool, don't let him walk over you.

Where I live, it doesn't matter how many hours you work on an individual day - overtime is anything more than 40 hours in a week. Some weeks I work 3 14-hour days and have 4 days off, but overtime is only for the 2 extra hours in the week's total.

Yeah, he better pay you for that extra bit of work you put in, he sounds like a douche.