By Anonymous - 02/07/2015 02:04 - United States - Lees Summit

Today, I sent the girl I like flowers, only to have her later post a picture of them online, saying, "Ha! When losers send you flowers." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 766
You deserved it 2 569

Same thing different taste

Comments

idxntgiveafxck 17

That is seriously ****** up, you deserve way better than that dumb arse. Karma is going to bite her in the ass. She's going to fall in love with some guy and he's going to post something mean about her, justttt watch

football98_fml 20

Post back. You're right. I must be a loser to even think you are are a decent person. Sorry to be so wrong.

Agreed. **** people who don't appreciate genuine kindness and effort who just walk all over your feelings. Nobody deserves it.

And this ladies and gentlemen is one of the reasons chivalry is dying out....

#47 you can't hold idiots responsible for chivalry dying out. This is one person who is clearly a heartless and emotional sap. Most others are not like that. Sure some will be, you just need to understand that they are the exception and not the rule. I was very grateful to all those people who have held the door open for me this week and I made sure that I thanked each and every one of them. I would do the same for them, regardless of their gender. It's called manners. You're just looking for an excuse to not have to use your manners or chivalry with a comment like that.

You'll notice I said one reason... True there are very few women who would react this way... But the fact that ANY would, is killing it... I am not holding anyone responsible.... And the fact that you assume that I am not chivalrous because of a comment I made... Or I need an excuse not to be... My parents beat that stuff into me... Way to read way too much into something

I think most girls would appreciate a kind gesture (whether they don't like him, or don't care much for flowers), and even those who wouldn't appreciate it would have enough class to act politely. I remember a dude from my class bought a bunch of girls flowers on Valentine's day and no one called him creepy or a loser (not even behind his back) but rather thanked him profusely. Knew another guy who gave roses to the girls at our club. I appreciated it so much I dried it out and still have it somewhere to this day. Someone gave my sister a rose after she specifically told him she had no interest in him as more than a friend, and while she reminded him that she wasn't dating him and so would rather not get that type of present in the future, she accepted it gracefully and thanked him for the thought anyways. I know you said this is "one of the reasons," so don't worry I understand that sometimes guys do in fact meet a few scumbags too, but I just wanted to say that in my experience, I have never had any female friend or acquaintance treat a man (or woman) with disdain for such a nice gesture.

Also, you say "I'm not holding anyone responsible [for killing chivalry]" but then directly before that you say "the fact that ANY would [act like the woman in the post], is killing it [chivalry]." Those two statements seem to directly contradict each other...Or am I not understanding one of the two? Anyways, if someone didn't value chivalry to begin with, that's all good. I mean, women are completely capable of opening doors for themselves or living happily without flowers. But these are very kind gestures. If chivalry is something a man once valued and found important, I think to let the bad actions of one single person completely influence and change his feelings about it, especially when virtually every other girl he has ever met has acted in an appreciative and good manner, is just letting the one bad person win. He is letting her change a part of him that he once valued, and girls who would have appreciated his actions will now never get that chance. I have been sexually harassed by one single dude (now ex-friend) before. But if I were to let this one dude's bad actions "kill" my trust and esteem of all men even though every single other man I've met has treated me well (in that respect), I feel like that would just be letting the "bad" dude. It would be one thing to say "I will be more cautious in certain situations," but I feel like letting a single person's actions completely change my own to the other extreme (never trusting men, including my male friends, again) would only hurt myself and other completely innocent men. Similarly, while a man might be reluctant to be chivalrous to strangers after such a bad incident, if he lets that prevent him from being chivalrous to people he knows would probably appreciate it (better acquainted friends, coworkers, girlfriend, etc...) then I think he and they will be the ones losing out.

hoosiergirl94 31

She's shallow. Anyone deserves better than someone who acts like that

''Ha, when stuck-up bitches get flowers.'' FYL OP. Don't despair tho, most of us girls like to receive flowers and even if we don't, we're grateful enough for the gesture and thought behind it to accept them gracefully and thank whomever gave them to us.

Maybe she thought they were from her loser ex boyfriend? Good thing there are plenty of fish in the sea.

BlueXephos 10

She's the loser, she lost your favor. You seem like a good lad, you should be happy you found out about her now as opposed to later.