By jcstpierre - 24/04/2009 10:41 - United States

Today, I received a mass email from my boss saying we had a position open at the daycare I work at. I knew my boyfriend was looking for a job so I insisted he apply. Later at work, my boss takes me into her office and tells me my employment is being "terminated". My boyfriend is replacing me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 568
You deserved it 5 592

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, at least the income will still be coming in to one of you, instead of to a complete stranger. You would've been fired no matter what, better it be your boyfriend replacing you.

Well now it's your turn to just sit on the couch all day and play xbox, while HE is paying rent and working.

Comments

#5, that's stupid... she wanted to help her man find a job, and it's not like she KNEW it was actually her job. That sucks D: hopefully you find something else that is even better!

rakhil11 7

ok, just @ 12 (who said that they're keeping the job in the /family/) and 19 (who suggested that the OP had kids w/ her /bf/, she might have, but doubt it) - WHAT PART OF BF=/= HUSBAND DON'T U UNDERSTAND??!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i am actually 12, sue me 4 acting my level of maturity) @ OP-take care not 2 break up with him lol

It's actually better that way. A relationship lives from the fact, that people don't know everything about each other. The less you see him over the day the better will it be.

YDI because you should never work with your boyfriend

wonnybot73 0

i dont know what you did, but the FSM showed you. Now you must suffer the consequences of irony.

Your boyfriend now has an income, and you can college unemployment! Not all bad!

ElsBells 0

And he's taking the job? Ha. He must feel like crap. You should totally rub it in. If he asks you to cook and clean like the others mentioned, just tell him you're too depressed because he stole your job. He'll feel so bad that he'll earn all the money AND do the housework. Your new job is to milk this for as long as possible. Oh, and get fat. You MUST get fat.

Look at it this way. You're household is getting the same income and you don't have to work! I suggest you move in with your boyfriend.