By jcstpierre - 24/04/2009 10:41 - United States

Today, I received a mass email from my boss saying we had a position open at the daycare I work at. I knew my boyfriend was looking for a job so I insisted he apply. Later at work, my boss takes me into her office and tells me my employment is being "terminated". My boyfriend is replacing me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 568
You deserved it 5 592

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, at least the income will still be coming in to one of you, instead of to a complete stranger. You would've been fired no matter what, better it be your boyfriend replacing you.

Well now it's your turn to just sit on the couch all day and play xbox, while HE is paying rent and working.

Comments

#32 You've to read more carefully. #19 did NOT suggest that the OP had kids. The kids #19 was talking about were the kids at the daycare where the OP worked. I thought a 12-year-old could read.

monkeysss 3

That's terrible! If I were your boyfriend I wouldn't accept the job. I wouldn't feel right replacing my man at his job. I would feel pretty guilty. It's never really a good idea to work at the same place as a bf/gf or a spouse. Usually causes problems.

shorty311_fml 0
rt523 0

uhg! that sux! who said the OP lived with her bf? but if you do, i agree with #11! live it up! have some fun and relax all day while he gets some work done!

Ouch, I hope he didn't take the job. If I found out they fired my girl to hire me I would just say "no." It isn't a good idea to work together anyway, my ex and i worked together. It caused a lot of unneeded pressure in the relationship.

Poor bastard. He now has to work at a daycare with WHINEY little children. Geeze that must suck on top of his gf bitching at him fir the fact that she thinks she's better qualified... Pttshh... Women