By Anonymous - 23/08/2013 17:13 - United States - Honolulu

Today, I realized the only reason I was invited to go on vacation with my extended family was so I could babysit everyone's children while the adults go out and have fun. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 318
You deserved it 3 138

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Now it's time to plan a really elaborate payback involving all the kids.

Comments

justmeCee 16

I'm wondering if OP paid for their own way to go on this vacation or if their extended family did? Also wondering if Op is usually the regular babysitter? Either way, I guess it should of been explained to Op that they were expecting her/him to babysit the whole time...but if you paid your own way to go with them I wouldn't want to watch their kids the whole time either, but leaving the kids unattended would be idiotic. I hope you make the best of the situation and try to have fun anyways:)

perdix 29

Good thing they didn't figure out it would be cheaper to hire local babysitters and leave your whiny ass at home.

43 - In all likelihood, no not really. You're looking at a perdix comment after all.

If at least one adult is still around, sneak out and leave them behind with the kids.

Maybe suggest taking turns...or just follow them far enough away or make your own fun...

Well, it's still vacation OP. At least it's better than staying home and studying or working.

kingdomgirl94 29

I dunno, screaming kids might be worse than video games and doing whatever you want... I doubt they'd be studying seeing as its summer/ some people's only first day of school as of yesterday.

abbruzzi67 15

If I were you I would sneak out, so they can find someone else to babysit their own damn kids

You still might have a great vacation. When I was younger my family used to do that to me too. However, they did make sure I had lots of fun on the day time events/ excursions. It was a win-win because I enjoyed being with my cousins. (:

reynechristine 15

I think it's too late for that seeing how the fml is worded OP is already being forced to babysit.