By Anonymous - 25/01/2019 20:00

Today, I called 911 and got taken to hospital via ambulance after a suicide attempt. When I called my mom, the first thing she asked was, "How much is the ambulance going to cost?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 872
You deserved it 997

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

I hope you’re getting the help you need.

Gofuckyourself 24
adelaine782002 17

you stupid ******* retarded shit head! I hope you never have to go through this! Well, maybe someone else should say the same to you! You don't deserve to breathe the same ******* air!

A suicide attempt is a “cry for help” (it’s not hard to succeed if you’re really intent on checking out.) Your mom is just saying that she’s not going to accept this form of asking for help. Find better ways to deal with your problems.

Miss Beep 14

Not quite true. When I was 15, I genuinely wanted to but it wound up not going as planned as I was at my grandmother's house and not prepared. Wanting to commit suicide takes a long time to show but actually trying it is typically a spur of the moment, "I'm done." It's hard to think clear when you're trying to kill yourself and unless you have a fool proof plan, there are things bound to go wrong. And it's possible OP realized after he/she started that they need help and decided to get it. People like you need to sit down and realize there's a problem and your whiny ass ain't helping it.

Gofuckyourself 24

I feel that when an attempt is made, it's not that the person actually wants to die.. they just want the pain to end. And this is often confused by wanting to end your entire existence. It took years for to understand this and I hope you're doing much better now Miss Beep ❤

shady80 4
adelaine782002 17

What the hell is wrong with you Richard! I thought you were a decent person with some compassion! Apparently not! Coming from someone who suffers from this, you have NO ******* idea how hard it is to realize at the moment of attempt that you don't really want to die, till you its almost to late! Geeze, grow a ******* heart and show some ******* compassion...or ge the hell off this ******* ap!

That depends on where you live. If you live in the jurisdiction of a Volunterr department, your ambulance ride is free. We don't charge for services on a volunteer fire department

carey33 15

Hahahaha sweet heart where do you live!?! All of our emergency services are volunteers and my ambulance bill was a lovely $3000

Alup132 22

VFD, Volunteer Fire Department, unless that’s a real thing, I KNOW that was “A series of unfortunate events” reference.

bl3ur0z3 17

Raising a Suicidal Teen for Dummies is her favorite book, huh?.... I'm sorry, OP. I'm so glad you called 911 and took that step to get help. Next, talk to a counselor. Also find a support group and get involved in activities you enjoy. Download the meetup app, as old school as that sounds, it's a good way to integrate yourself into groups of people with shared interests. Don't let her negativity be a large aspect of your life.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through, and that your mom is the way she is. Please talk to the doctors at the hospital and find out your options for help. You are deserving of love, happiness, and life.

And the first thing you do is post about it online?? Not to be harsh and correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like a cry for attention Either way, seek help

Gofuckyourself 24

Just going to go off what you posted.. Maybe it is a cry for attention, attention to get better and get advice on how to get better. I'm not going to bash you on how insensitive the first part of your comment sounds but you need to understand that mental health isn't easy to talk about. So, the fact that this is posted, it's a cry for attention to get better. That's just my take on it.

People that seek attention usually announce online that they're gonna commit suicide, since people who are actually suicidal usually never announce that they're gonna go through with it. This person is talking about surviving an attempt and calling the hospital, which directly says the attempt already took place.

Gofuckyourself 24

In my personal opinion, I think it can be taken both ways but I do agree with away you're saying.

PenguinPal3017 19

That's actually not true, a significant number of people who commit suicide told someone either they were thinking about it or were going to do it. I can't remember the exact number, but I think it was about half.

PenguinPal3017 19

You do realize that "today" is how these are all supposed to begin, it doesn't literally mean today.

Gofuckyourself 24

I'm so so so sorry to hear OP, I'm extremely empathetic to your situation. I've gone through something similar, except I had one of my parents say "stop doing this for attention". Words can hurt so bad. You can reach out to me and we can discuss a safety plan for you or I can find helpful resources in the city you reside in. I pray you feel better soon and please don't do anything like this again. You are far too precious ❤

I bet the ambulance cost less than the funeral.

Probably not, actually. Ambulances are ******* expensive.