By thatsucks - 17/05/2009 17:42 - United States

Today, I realized that my father's weekly unemployment check is more than my bi-weekly pay check. My full time job pays less than my father's unemployment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 061
You deserved it 5 162

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My sister makes more with unemployment than I make with an actual job....it's just stupid.

Sounds like somebody doesn't understand how unemployment works.

Comments

ditlihi 0

Well duh! He make several times more then you did before becoming unemployed. Now he's just making "more" than you. From you statement, I'm guessing it's less than twice yours.

agreed with #8 and 17 and everyone else who might have commented on it, but from my understanding, unemployment checks are based on how much the unemployed was making while they were employed to supplement the loss of income... so not really sure why it's a **** my life when it's how the system works unless you're working a corporate job and he was making less money when he was employed as you are now, but i highly doubt that's the case. and i seriously wonder what other people had to put to get moderated...

scaredofgirls 0

Unemployment checks are based on what you made when you were employed - at my factory the people who make the most money are the first to volunteer for layoffs because of the way the overtime seasonal work is set up, they make more money when laid off than they do when working

your dad is part of one of the biggest problems in this country. People that actually earn their money like you and i have to support people like your dad. IT IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!

weefoo 0

work hard, support drug dealers on welfare! **** the us government.

0_0 0

Unemployment bases its checks off of how much he made when he had a job, stop complaining.

awdorable 0

That just sucks dick, dude. At least your inheritance will be bigger :) Haha, FYL, dude, FYL