By poorman - 18/11/2013 22:14 - United States - Derwood

Today, I realized that my 5 year old son has more money saved up in his piggy bank than I have in my actual bank account. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 968
You deserved it 10 330

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kids cost money, hopefully you are spending yours on him! There is nothing wrong with being broke if you are using your money for the right reasons.

He'll be a great investor when he grows up.

Comments

how on earth does a FIVE year old have more money than a grown man with a family. you must be broke as ****. YDI.

Yes, because he deserves his financial woes. Bad, OP! Don't you know you're supposed to be a multimillionaire by now?

Heh, I remember when I was a lowly multimillionaire. Multitrillionaires are where it's at.

what I got from this FML was that he's irresponsible with money or can't save or isn't working hard enough to make money. otherwise, there's no way you can become that broke.

Because a five year old doesn't have any financial responsabilities. The kids savings might just come from OP. Regardless, being poor does not equal a bad or irresponsable person. Sometimes life is just hard.

When I was about that age my parents had to borrow money from me. Hell I even charged them interest. When you have kids for some reason people become broke...

#18: I guess you've never had a low-paying job. I would suggest you look at the idiotically impossible monthly budget suggested by McDonald's. I'm not saying that is the case here, but it costs money to raise a family. That doesn't mean OP isn't hard-working or irresponsible. He just got dealt a bad hand.

19 at the same time, a 5 year old doesn't even have quite as much as an adult. and why does a 5 year old need money? If OP's so broke he needs to get his priorities straight instead of giving it to someone who doesn't need it anyway.

@25 who says op gave it to him? little kids usually have grandparents that give them a dollar or so when they see them.. that accumulates over time

#29: This is an open discussion. There is no restriction on replies. #28 had a valid point.

Did you ever think that maybe his priorities are his son, and spends his money on him??

31, 28 asked me who said OP gave the 5 year old money and if you go read 19's comment hopefully you'll understand. hopefully.

Given that the money is in a piggy bank I would assume it's not a matter of a big sum of money and might have been given at an earlier point in time. OP could just be having a bad month. All I'm saying is that we don't have all the details.

Schizomaniac 24

Arguing on the Internet will settle the matter.

Rainhawk94 27

I've taken note on #34 s comments on other fmls there's a reason she's not popular

44 it's all good. I always preferred the infamous route ;)

Although I don't agree with #34 in this FML I do respect her right to express her opinion and I think it's irrelevant what she's posted in comments for other FMLs before.

thank you 56 :) Take your hate elsewhere h8erz. LOL.

There's "no way" you can become that broke ? Try having kids , student loans, bills , necessities etc ... Do you really think every parent just has a hefty salary and money to toss around, let alone save ?

And also, who is saying how big his family is? I have five kids and I too am broke as **** a lot of the time. I choose more happiness over more money. Nothing wrong with that.

Yes. My business isn't making enough money. I have bought a lottery ticket every day and still haven't won.

he's 5 with no responsibilities, little kids ask for money and who could say no to a cute kid. borrow some?

Well, at least he knows how to save up! It'll be a good skill for when he's older.

Keep track of what you are spending...I did that...now I have a decent amount lying around...

It's good you have taught him to save. Wish i was like that, i spend money just because. Sparkly purses, chocolate, makeup...

perdix 29

Make Mr. Moneybags pay rent and soon you'll be rich, too!