By yarhyun1 - 19/08/2012 16:00 - United States

Today, I realized just how messed up my life is, thanks to all the scare stories my wife sees on Dr Phil. She's now convinced that I'll start beating her someday. She's started taking martial arts classes, and threatens to use her skills every time I get even slightly frustrated with her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 313
You deserved it 2 538

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A relationship is built on trust. You definitely need to address this issue with her.

Comments

Take some martial arts classes, too. Then challenge her the next time she decides to threaten you. Don't hurt her, just, you know, counter her every move and maybe rough her up a little bit.

That's a terrible idea. If anything it would make her want to use violence even more.

Is she seriously that retarded? She threatens you if you get slightly frustrated? If she attacks you first, SHE'LL be the abuser, not the other way around.

Your wife seems to be a little too paranoid. I suggest that you try to get her to trust you. If that doesn't work, then take some martial arts classes of your own. And sleep with one eye open, just in case.

fernclogger 5

So every time you sigh you get neck chopped?

Why out of all the crap advice Dr. Phil gives, she chooses to take this one?

Maybe you two should address this with an outside source? I know this guy, works miracles, his name is Dr. Phi...

Those shows are nothing but trouble! I leaned that when I was newly married, being brainwashed by Oprah! I quit watching to save my marriage! Still married 23 yrs later!

redmnky21 8

you should take her to see doctor Phil only he can put her in her place now

RyaWolf 0

Dr. Phil is a scary story himself!

Instead of bringing genders into this, how about: "Nobody should ever beat anybody."