By yarhyun1 - 19/08/2012 16:00 - United States

Today, I realized just how messed up my life is, thanks to all the scare stories my wife sees on Dr Phil. She's now convinced that I'll start beating her someday. She's started taking martial arts classes, and threatens to use her skills every time I get even slightly frustrated with her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 313
You deserved it 2 538

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A relationship is built on trust. You definitely need to address this issue with her.

Comments

I know some people like that, and I always want to beat the living shit out of them when they say things along those lines. Ultimately my desire to stay out of jail prevails and I don't do it.

If she's learning at the local McDojo she'll just have the illusion of being able to defend herself.

Iniezian 18

Take martial arts classes yourself.

Explain to her that relationships should be built upon trust, and that you would never beat her. If this fails, employ her new karate chop technique in the making of sandwiches.

Does she also think your daughter's putting alchohol in her tampons..?

...and that you are having a sexual relationship with the pet Toad.

puertoricanjoy 6

Just tell her to shut up, and get back in the kitchen, that'll do the trick! Oh, but be very careful how you ask for your sandwich! You have to say please!! In all seriousness, I would seriously consider marriage counseling....seems like she has some issues that really need worked out......preferably before you get the crap beat outta you :)

DIVORCE HER NOW! It's only gonna get worse.

ellytoad 13

Soon she'll ironically be abusing him. Even now. Threats of bodily harm are not cool.

elly toad-I don't know binary code can you rewrite your bio?

ellytoad 13

She should educate herself on the signs of an abuser before jumping to conclusions about everyday aspects of human relationships. If she's losing trust in you due to Gut Feelings, having a frank talk about whatever it is you're doing that she's interpreting as bad would be helpful. Do you clench your fists when you get angry, etc. *sigh* I don't know.

She fulfills many of the signs of an abuser herself.

rightspark 7
the_optimist 0

Well now she can defend herself if she gets mugged.