By yarhyun1 - 19/08/2012 16:00 - United States

Today, I realized just how messed up my life is, thanks to all the scare stories my wife sees on Dr Phil. She's now convinced that I'll start beating her someday. She's started taking martial arts classes, and threatens to use her skills every time I get even slightly frustrated with her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 313
You deserved it 2 538

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A relationship is built on trust. You definitely need to address this issue with her.

Comments

From the sound of it, she's not the one who should be worrying about the abusive spouse. Seriously, every time you guys get into an argument she threatens to harm you? Switch the genders around and people would be saying call the police and get a restraining order.

LittleGreenPaola 23

She's doing the right thing, even if YOU are not a violent person. There are so many violent people in the world.

Yep, slowly becoming the abusive partner you're trying to stop. Definitely the right thing.

LittleGreenPaola 23

She's taking lesson to defend herself, not to attack! ;)

Defend herself from her HUSBAND, on the basis of a TV SHOW, one that specializes in abusive, cheating, and beyond-the-norm relationships. There is nothing smart about this. If they can't work it out the only outcome I can see is divorce.

"and threatens to use her skills every time I get even slightly frustrated with her". You're right, that *does* sound like she's defending herself. Think about it for a second. TV has terrified her into thinking that the person she loved enough to marry will one day devolve into an abusive *******. So she's taken to threatening him. That's not being defensive, that's becoming what she's afraid of.

LittleGreenPaola 23

I've actually never watched that tv show so I don't know what it talks about. However you're right, but I wasn't saying she should defend herself from her unviolent husband, after watching a stupid tv show. She should defend herself from ANY aggression, because there's too much violence on women nowadays. Taking martial art lessons is not a wrong thing. The reason of this decision is quite stupid, I agree with you. That was my point! So stop thumbing me down for god's sake :)

Hey, at least you don't have to worry about her "letting herself go@;) haha see OP, bright side to everything :)

OP's response to wife should be: "you're worried about me when YOU are threatening violence if I'm expressing the slightest unhappiness?"

thathipsterchick 2

I shall now roundhouse you :p lol my sis in law says that too my brother a lot. What happened with you and your wife happened to my bro and his

Yay! Domestic violence is funny! :) I'm glad your brother accepts his role as his wife's punching bag then. Wait, no I'm not. That's awful.

Your wife should see a psychiatrist. That is not healthy behavior. She has or is developing paranoia.

bitches b crazy ......u should enrolled in the same martial art class

I think it might be time to get rid of cable...