By jacques - 02/02/2010 14:08 - Australia

Today, I ran into my ex's family, and found out they are going to Europe. Funnily enough, so am I. Even funnier is the fact that we are going on the same date, at the same time, on the same flights, and the tour starts on the same day in the same place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 073
You deserved it 3 828

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm not sure if you are the stalker or the stalked.

heartlessagony 0

Birds of the same feather flock together. :P

Comments

uh,does your ex still have a "thing" for you? and did he know your itinerary, or did he schedule at your travel agency with a confidentiality breach?

So let me get this straight, OP is going on a tour of Europe? In that case, I call fake. I don't get why people seem to think Europe is one little country or something.

Why is that fake?? People go on those tours of Europe all the time, they won't see everything in Europe. There's heaps of those tours which go from 2 weeks to months on end.

TommyWORD 1

damn that'll be an awkward trip

anela_fml 0

get a vacation bf along the way

perdix 29

Despite your repeated assertions that this was going to be funny, I slogged through your whole boring story and didn't even get the slightest chuckle. It's called "coincidence" and they happen all the time. No, it is not some deity ******* with your head.

Sweej 1

Coincidence............……… Indeed

TryToBeKind 0

I actually believe this one. If someone lives in a small enough town, or if you guys are part of the same social circle (church, workplace, book clubs etc.), then it's totally possible someone let your ex's family know that you were vacationing in Europe. They very well may be going the same places to keep an eye on you (if they're upset you dumped your ex, if that was the case). At any rate, it's kind of a good thing because you have incentive not to find a boyfriend or girlfriend there and you won't be as tempted to get drunk/stoned or fool around with anyone.

CheshireHalli 19

I agree. It's not uncommon to end up in the same places. A lot of tour places have pre-made iteneraries for different places. Not impossible that they have the same hotel either, since tour agencies tend to book those as well.

I live in a small town in the central US and we unexpectedly ran into four different families from our small town, all in the same week, in Florida.

pinkandblaqk15 0

I call fake! first off how the hell do u book the same everything for the exact same time and place? second who goes to europe!!!!