By katelynm - 08/02/2013 06:24 - United States

Today, I pointed out to my boyfriend how Valentine's day, my birthday, and our one-year anniversary were all coming up in the next few weeks. He then promptly broke up with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 943
You deserved it 8 991

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He broke your heart the same way you would've broken his wallet :p

KY_Jelly 10

I know that some guys can't handle the stress of special days, but jeez...

Comments

Someone who changes their mind a lot.

I believe the word you're looking for -68 - is fickle.

You sir are correct.. Sad part is I just took a test on both words yesterday

SApprentice 34

This is one of those FMLs where I really feel like some information is missing. For all we know, OP and her boy could have broken up for entirely unrelated reasons, or perhaps OP wanted many nice gifts. I can't really vote either way on this one. But, I suppose going off of the limited information available, yes, OP's boyfriend seems like a dick for breaking up with her over the upcoming special dates.

I bought my ex gf a 130$ belly button ring for her birthday. She bought me some Oreos for mine...

It's the same thing with me and my gf. Except unlike yours I just resigned myself to ramen noodles for the next couple of months.

ninjaqueen101 18

Now your a good guy lol, especially to be willing to sacrifice one of your 3 basic needs lol.

RedPillSucks 31

That's only two (I love a good beer pizza, grammar nazi ho!)

ninjaqueen101 18

Sleeping, eating and sex. He simply loses the eating :)

Iknoweverything 29

Valentines day is overrated for couples anyways. I know everybody uses it as a sob story for being single, but seriously, most guys aren't going to plan anything movie worthy anyways, and most people won't plan anything. That being said... what a jerk. As long as you aren't the person who thinks you deserve presents on all those days. If you would be happy with a card, then he's a jerk. If you wanted a whole bunch of presents, then YDI.

jem970 19

Wow hello, vday is special to some couples and it can mean a lot of things to people

X_Codes 11

@17 - I hope you realize that cards are ******* expensive these days. A little piece of card stock with possibly an envelope for $4? Buy some ******* chocolates, they're cheaper, AND YOU CAN EAT THEM!

17 - Personally the only reason I hate being single on V-Day is because I'm usually stuck working that night. In retail, every customer cares about the cashier's business. One stray hair? Oh, they have to tell you. You cleared your throat? You must be sick!! Here are ten remedies for that. I can't tell what's more common - A presumptuous "Oh, you poor thing. Your boyfriend must not like you working Valentine's day evening" or an attempt to pick up a last minute date. Why does it matter so much? Just go buy your chocolates and leave me to earn my money like I do any other day of the year. /rant over

The best part of Valentine's Day is the day after when chocolate is 75% off.

tmmundy 17

110...You couldn't be more correct. That's when you can buy extra chocolate. Yum!

perdix 29

Classic cheapskate move! Don't worry, you two will have a great St. Patty's Day together (you may have to buy the green beer, though.) If you like him, you can say that he's thrifty and frugal, when everyone else knows that he is a miserly, cheap bastard.

SApprentice 34

18- I am just ridiculously pleased to see someone use the word "miserly". Thank you so much.

perdix 29

You are welcome. Let me know when you are having a rough day, because I can also use "penurious" in a sentence. That would cheer you right up! ;)

RedPillSucks 31

How about "penile" and "testicular" ?

I apologize in advance but this is a pet peeve of mine. It's St. Paddy's Day. Patty is the female nickname for Patricia. Paddy is the male nickname for Patrick. Unless you we're referring to St. Patricia's Day, in which case...carry on.

perdix 29

#111, cool. I guess when you realize that Patrick comes from Padraig, it makes sense. Since Peking went back to Beijing, and Bombay became Mumbai, isn't it time for you Patricks to get authentic again?

Of! That's the same with me! Minus the breaking up part... Sorry about that :( he's not worth it if that was a reason for breaking up with you. What a selfish bastard

perdix 29

#22, same with me, except my birthday is in January, I don't have a boyfriend, I don't have a one-year anniversary coming up and nobody dumped me. Otherwise, I am indistinguishable from the OP in every respect.

beanthemouse 13

If he couldnt afforded it he could of just said. :/ men can be just as confusing as women.

obviousboy 8

I've got that same deal over three months lol. The beginning of the year is expensive. Xd

KiddNYC1O 20

Highly inconsiderate. Good riddance.