By wayne - 07/12/2011 10:28 - New Zealand

Today, I overcame my fear of swimming in lakes and went for a swim. I got bitten by an eel. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 702
You deserved it 3 554

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I refuse to swim in any natural body of water. Been like that since I was a kid. Too many variables - fish, vegetation, rocks, dead things... I'll take a swimming pool any day.

every1luvsboners 11

You're lucky it didn't swim up in your urethra. This happened to me years ago. I still feel a burning sensation every time I piss.

Comments

bri1215 7

the last time i swam in a natural body of water i had a jellyfish wrap around my leg, so i understand your fear!

bit is already past tense, there is no need for the extra "ten" at the end. just saying =)

*Facekeyboard* Bite-bit-bitten. "Got bitten" is correct. You just have to pray that Alan doesn't see your post...

flockz 19

*faceglass* (slowly looks up with bloody face) are you ******* serious?

"Got BITTEN" is correct, moron. Btw, that "=)" symbol makes you look more like a moron. Let alan clean up this mess...

Jason199615 0

The first time I swam in a lake, I saw a bull shark. never going back!

lvl19virgin 0

When an eel bites your heel, pain you feel, and you squeal, "That's a moray!"

kaykay08 0

too bad there arent eels in lakes. nice try.. (:

Did you fail to read the rest of the thread?

bearsy 0

Are you retarded? Probably not in america but in australia there are.

wowyoursmart 1

You've really never heard of an American freshwater eel?? Their as close as Massachusetts in fresh water lakes and in rivers like the Merrimack and all over world.

insanelyXnikki 18

The same thing happened to me! I overcame my fear of oceans and got stung badly by a jellyfish

This same thing happened to me last April. It was my first time seeing the ocean, and it was just after a big storm. I have faint scars on my leg from it.