By Lonely At Griffith - 17/06/2019 13:02

Today, well into my second year at university, I still haven't made a single friend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 921
You deserved it 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Susan Yee 9

I didn’t until 3rd year. The people I met prior either religious-nuts or like drinking and smoking. I met people I clicked with (video games, non-alcoholic) on 3rd year, through a classmate, who is now my husband.

TomeDr 24

Is it because you’ve been working hard and studying instead of partying? If so, you’re doing okay. But be sure to take time to do something enjoyable. Find clubs or groups where you’ll find people that you have a common interest.

Comments

You don't need them, you've got a degree to earn.

rotflqtms_ 21

Honestly I'm the same. I don't go out of my way to meet or talk to people outside of class. High school I sat at the front to see the board, hell if I know knew my classmates... heck most of the time I'm not even looking at the teacher, just at what they're writing or what we have to read... one time my freshman year of high school, I accidentally made it into the wrong history class (Juniors) I didn't even realize the teacher wasn't the same. He only didn't say anything about it until the class ended because the principal and heads were doing a visit to his class and I was answering a bunch of questions. Haha I was 1 door over from my real class. He did tell the teacher and they had a joke about it... Then before our first test, we had a Jeopardy for points towards our test... (not that I'd need the points. They all thought I'd be there forever getting points...the first question...what classroom are we in? I said the room number right above the classroom, lol. I mean... I'm there to learn the subject anyway, so I guess I just block out the people unless they interact with me directly. I sure went off on a huge tangent... you don't need friends in college. If you want friends, do an activity you like and you'll meet people who like things you like. I did sports. Met wonderful people that way.