By hungry - 08/03/2012 19:15 - Canada

Today, I'm participating in a 30 hour awareness-raising event on famine in Africa. I'm supposed to hand out leaflets to people from my booth. My school decided to hand out a literal crate-load of free cupcakes right in front of us. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 481
You deserved it 3 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So you think handing out cupcakes will somehow diminish the awareness of the famine? If you starve yourself, that'll somehow make the famine better? Don't be so naive. If you want to change it, do something about it. Raise money, go on a mission. But complaining about some cupcakes is a waste of time.

Comments

BeautyMonster 17

Does starving yourself for 30 hours really make a difference? Who is it hurting besides yourself?

They receive donations for every hour they don't eat, some people give $5-$50 an hour to the student.

BeautyMonster 17

That doesn't seem to be the case here, though. Funny. A famous FMLer said the same thing and got 57 likes.

perdix 29

How can you be so dense as to ignore an obvious solution to a problem? Famine in Africa, meet Crateloads of Free Cupcakes; Crateloads of Free Cupcakes, meet Famine in Africa. I'll let you two get acquainted. Problem solved!

#30 Cupcakes are nice, but I really don't think they'd make a big difference for quenching hunger. Those things are so light, it'd take like 30 of them to make a difference.

perdix 29

Give 'em the ones topped with thick hats of buttercream frosting. The Dark Continent will become the Fat Continent, and we obese Americans might start to look hot by comparison. This plan is getting even better!

mk55kelly 0

That would just give them a sugar high. Not really solving any thing

Perdix you are a genius! Here "cupcakes for Africa" perfect charity name to go along with your plan.

perdix 29

#49, Why would we feel guilty about giving a bunch of people sugar highs (or tooth decay, diabetes, obesity, sugar addiction, etc.)? The food industry foists all of those ills on the American public . . . for a profit, to boot!

The 30 Hour Famine is worth it. Be strong and make a difference.

Cupcakes? When talking of starvation in Africa? Aiy. Try handing out your brochures with the cupcakes?

Why doesn't my school hand out free cupcakes?..

xXxAPersonxXx 6

Because your school sucks.

FMLsOhilarious 6

31, so you're basing that off a stupid TV show? Just shut the hell up. All your comments suck and you don't know shit. Stop commenting.

**** Africa right now, let's work on our own country and our own people first

30hour famine? I did that with my church.

Stop doing this! Mass charity is killing Africa, it goes to the pockets of violent dictators. Please, just stop giving money to charities for African famine. If we all did then pretty soon there would be no "free" money for people to steal, and the rapacious crooks would no longer be running African countries using that money.

So what's the big deal because you didn't get any cup cakes they live in Africa where they don't always eat the best so let them have the cup cakes and you can eat one when you get home if you want don't be selfish.