Get vaccinated

By Anonymous - 11/08/2021 04:00

Today, two patients died. Both had Covid. I'm still trying to deal with the issues last year left me with and we're right back in the same place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 991
You deserved it 149

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I can't imagine how it feels to be a health-care worker at this time in history. Last year, you were warriors who were defending us from an attack of a virus. Our scientists have created 3 incredible vaccines (in the US) in less than a year, and somehow made it widely available. It should have ended the pandemic like the A-bomb ended WWII. Now you are having to save traitors and saboteurs who would not make the least effort to defend the country. Yeah, you have the right to be pissed off.

My wife is there with you. She got to see them taking an 8-yr-old into the ICU last night, and our state is one of the 10 lowest for vaccinations. No one wears masks, and they're all convinced it's just a tiny cold, and the deaths are made up.

Comments

My wife is there with you. She got to see them taking an 8-yr-old into the ICU last night, and our state is one of the 10 lowest for vaccinations. No one wears masks, and they're all convinced it's just a tiny cold, and the deaths are made up.

I can't even imagine... I live with someone who has a compromised immune system, so I haven't been able to leave the house or anything for the past year. Obviously, I got the vaccine as soon as I could. I feel horrible for your loss, it's pretty stupid how America's in virtually the exact same situation as a year ago, even though a very effective vaccine is available for a lot of people...

Marcella1016 31

I’ve been so angry about this lately, as my mom is going through health issues and her sisters are anti-vax (“Just pray about it and manifest healing” or whatever). It’s so incredibly frustrating to watch, and be worried for a loved one because of others’ stupidity/bullheadedness. We should NOT be where we were a year ago. Like seriously what. In. The. ****. I cannot imagine being a healthcare worker. I’m not a quitter, but I think I would have broken and quit by now. This most recent wave with all the deniers coming in and dying...I don’t think I could take it. Kudos to all of you and your strength and I’m sorry your hard work isn’t appreciated like it should be. You really are heroes working your asses off to keep society from literally collapsing. I really hope all this shit ends soon. However the **** it plays out, I can’t wait until we are all on the other side of it.

I can't imagine how it feels to be a health-care worker at this time in history. Last year, you were warriors who were defending us from an attack of a virus. Our scientists have created 3 incredible vaccines (in the US) in less than a year, and somehow made it widely available. It should have ended the pandemic like the A-bomb ended WWII. Now you are having to save traitors and saboteurs who would not make the least effort to defend the country. Yeah, you have the right to be pissed off.

I’m so, so sorry. You’re going through absolute Hell. Thanking you for your courage isn’t enough. It isn’t enough to say that I’m sorry for what you’re going through. I’ll try not to take your kindness for granted. I won’t forget what paramedics, nurses, doctors, and other members of the medical community have done for the world. Thank you.

rotflqtms_ 21

Covid really sucks. It sucks hearing patients STILL say covid isn't real or their family members coming and visiting them and taking off their masks and fighting that they have to wear one in a hospital where signs are posted that masks are required, and what do you know? They had covid and my patient and their roommate get covid too, and so many people have been exposed now. This could all have been prevented... Even if you don't want to take the vaccine, common courtesy would be to wear a mask. If I can wear an N95 and another mask over it and a face shield and a gown and gloves, you can wear a simple mask to stop yourself from spreading your germs. My shifts are 12.5 hours at least. I'm wearing a mask for more than half of the day. For more hours than I'm awake in a day. I'm still alive. The mask didn't kill me. My sister's children aren't old enough to get the vaccine yet. School started and on the 2nd day, her youngest got it. Been good all year and the minute their school opens up he gets it and it spreads to all the other kids. Yet you have people rioting about their kids having to wear masks. The same kids who are too young to get the vaccine. Too young to be safe from the virus. Watch them be the same to complain that the school gave their kids covid... Know where they'll end up?