By hungry - 08/03/2012 19:15 - Canada

Today, I'm participating in a 30 hour awareness-raising event on famine in Africa. I'm supposed to hand out leaflets to people from my booth. My school decided to hand out a literal crate-load of free cupcakes right in front of us. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 481
You deserved it 3 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So you think handing out cupcakes will somehow diminish the awareness of the famine? If you starve yourself, that'll somehow make the famine better? Don't be so naive. If you want to change it, do something about it. Raise money, go on a mission. But complaining about some cupcakes is a waste of time.

Comments

FarscapeSDC 9

I remember when my school did one of those. 15 idealist morons sat in a car park for 40 hours in some crappy tents trying to convince people to give them money which they could send to Africa. Myself and my friends, as well as some of our teachers, felt it necessary to point out that, statistically they earned less money in 40 hours of starving themselves, than if they had just stood in a shopping centre asking for donations. We (me, my friends and our teacher) also decided to mock them by eating pizza's in front of them. This probably makes us horrible human beings, but we gave the charity money anyway, so it's all good. (Admittedly we sent the money in the form of a cheque which read "For: not making a blind bit of difference", but they got our money so they didn't care)