By russianfail - 04/12/2013 16:24 - United States - Dallas

Today, I'm not getting paid 400$ per month because I failed my Russian language proficiency test. Russian is my first language. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 443
You deserved it 16 686

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guarantee that their are a lot of native English speakers would fail an English proficiency test to. You're test was probably just a bit two hard. Just except that you need too study harder and due better next time. Good luck.

Native speakers tend to have more improper grammar and usages of slang than those that learned a language in an educational environment. Learning a language naturally tends to leave more room for twisting the rules of that language's grammar. Those who learn a language in an educational setting end up learning rules of that language at the same time as they learn the language itself. Natural learning of a language tends to get the language before full understanding of the rules of that language is learned and understood.

Comments

same thing happened with my grandfather. he took a course on czech in colege because he didn't like the other class options or something and got a D. czech was his first language

PersianLove 4

Я тебя понимаю. После английский, русский тяжёлый

I am not sure what this is for, but there are so many different jobs out there that you can get paid more for.

iammeorami 25

Were you Russian in the test?

Spanish was my first but now i screw up with it

How is this not a YDI? Russian is MY native language too. If you have ever actually looked up how many rules there are in the language you would know that being able to speak it is far from enough to pass a test. You're like "It's my native language! Why can't I pass a test on it?". Well, you'll NOT pass a test in it if you just expect to pass it without studying, just because it's your first language. I know plenty of people that are pretty darn bad at writing in their native language.

rety1 13

I'm assuming its a different dialect... My dad told me about a girl from haiti (French being her first language) failing a French course when he was in high school (late 70's) simply because it was a slightly different form of French. She didn't do a lot of her work, apparently thinking that she'd skate by and ended up failing miserably because of a different French dialect than she was used to. He said she was a bit of a bitch anyway, so she probably deserved it; there'd have to be more info before I'd say you deserve it however because I simply don't know. Your life sucks, I suppose.

Nope. There is only one "official dialect", and I can't even call it a dialect.

PandaBurst 10

I'm wondering who would be paying you this $400/month salary. Is it a job? Or is this an allowance from your parents? Because if it is from your parents, you are RIDICULOUSLY spoiled.

US military pays people for passing a test on some of the foreign languages. Russian used to be part of that.