By spanishsucks - 01/04/2012 03:01 - United States - Livingston

Today, I introduced my mother to my new girlfriend. My mom made a very nasty comment about her in Spanish, not realizing that my girlfriend teaches Spanish at the local school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 303
You deserved it 2 883

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Omigod hahahahaha! My Spanish source is a 4 foot tall Colombian, she's not very reliable. XD

Comments

Given how rude she is to not be able to keep her mouth shut, it's not surprising how rude she is to speak a language in front of people she thinks they can't understand.

Sorry your mother seems to be lacking in class, OP. Having an opinion about someone is one thing, being rude and ignorant about it is another, and acting like that, she deserves to have it backfire. I hope your mother had the good sense to be ashamed for how she embarrassed both you and herself, but at least your girlfriend got to see her true colours early on. Fyl, OP. :(

at least the mom had the decency to speak in another language. Too bad the girlfriend knew the language.

How is that decent? It's even worse than insulting someone behind their back because you're saying it right to their face, but still being too cowardly to let them know what you really think. And not only are you insulting them, you're probably lying to them, too, because when they ask what you said, you're gonna have to make up something innocent. I think speaking in another language in front of someone who (you assume) can't understand it, especially to insult them, is the absolute rudest thing ever.

That's not nice! Didn't your mother ever get taught that if she has nothing nice to say don't say anything at all! -.- no matter what language it is in!

flashback.miss 28

Your mother seriously deserved that one. Isn't' it satisfying when people who assume one can't speak another language land in the situation of Op's mother. But yes, OP, hopefully your mother apologized and your girlfriend isn't too offended because after all, although, what did your mom say (agrees with 38 on this point).

Can't imagine how awkward & embarrassed you must've been!so sorry that happened!!!! I'm new to FML, what does OP stand for? Lol

perdix 29

If we all learned to keep our comments to ourselves, FML would be a lot less fun. Be careful what you wish for ;)

perdix 29

So, your mom called her a "****-sucking *****" and you sheepishly agreed, winked and replied,"Well, I'm not paying in cash, heh-heh-heh."

You REALLY want to mess with them? Insult them in Klingon or Hobbit or French or some other make-believe language. Nobody will know (or care) what you said.

The grammar nazis are correcting in multiple languages now! Ay dios mio!