By anonamous - 12/03/2012 21:45 - United States

Today, I hugged my dog and kissed her on the side of the face. She responded by mauling me across my own face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 159
You deserved it 9 119

Same thing different taste

Comments

Something similar to that happened to me. I went to kiss my dog and he bit me. I ended up getting stitches in my lip.

Funny how people jump to conclustions when they dont know everything ... How long has she had the dog, where or what situation it came from and so on. As for those who think its weird she kisses her dog clearly you do not love your dog enough.

HannahWho 8

Depends on the dog though. I know my dogs limits. When she acts X way I know not to do X action. Some dogs don't want your affection and you should respect that. Depending on how long she had the dog or how quickly she got in its face, as well as the breed, it might have seen it as an attack since the side of the head is towards the neck. And when you aim for a dogs neck they tend to think they are being attacked.

I understand about the side of the face being close to the neck. I agree with you on that. I honestly can say i would lean more towards ppl in general treating dogs poorly vs it actually being the breed. Every pit i have ever known has never once turned out mean. You love them and give them attention and care for them like you would a child, they'll love you forever. You don't give enough attention, beat them, abuse them, etc they will turn on you and at that point i don't blame them.

Seriphe 16

118 My first thought was "I wonder if it's a Chow." They have issues with people getting in their faces. My husband visited a friend one day, dog sniffed him and was fine after. Husband goes outside the fence and leans down to eye level with the dog, who tries to rip through the fence. Point made.

tklone329 0

Dogs only fight back when theyve undergone trauma or abuse so thats a pretty smart dog . The bullrider can hit the bull but when it strikes back they kill it.aint that ****** up

tklone329 0
sqeakyclean 7

What?!?! Boy go put some clothes on.

husky22 0

Sounds like a bit of a one sided love youve got going on there

that happened with me and my dog once, he ran outside afterwards

This is both an FYL and YDI FYL for trying to express you love to your dog. Your dog knows that you love her very much and she understands. YDI for trying to kiss her. You have NO IDEA that a dog has tons of Bacteria Like we do in our mouths. Like DocBastard Said, dogs lick in places where the sun don't shine and you don't like kissing something that is unsanitary, don't you? X-& Just Pet her and/or scratch behind her ears next time. :)

A dog's mouth is actually cleaner than ours. Or so i have been told.

Actually dogs are supposed to have the cleanest mouths. They also have stuff in there saliva that will speed up healing with wounds. A doctor said this.

Depends on how quick after they lick their bum before they lick your face. Lol. But they are supposed to have cleaner mouths. Wouldnt let a dog lick my face anyways tho. Still not sanitary. And you smell afterwards