By anonamous - 12/03/2012 21:45 - United States

Today, I hugged my dog and kissed her on the side of the face. She responded by mauling me across my own face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 159
You deserved it 9 119

Same thing different taste

Comments

MissHayleyJames 7

Meh. I don't care about all the "dogs lick their asses" crap. I'll still kiss my dogs, as long as I didn't see them specifically doing that seconds before.

disc120 2

Dogs are not people dummy. They behave differently to what you would consider normal social cues.

Repeat after me, a dog is not a human. Again? A dog is not a human. They don't respond to affection quite the same way that people do. Don't treat your dog like a child and it won't treat you like a squirrel. Treat your dog like another dog would. YDI

Keliosan 6

Most dogs take be held around the neck as a sign of aggression. I'm guessing she wasn't in a great mood beforehand also considering most dogs don't usually randomly attack people that live with them. Bad timing on your part man.

If you lived over here you'd be forced to put your dog down.

goddamniluvme 0

Oh u sooooooo deserved that... It's a DOG, not a person. But maybe it's his way of sayin "aye get up off me, ur breath be kickin!"

I have a feeling this is a probably more of a ydi... Having worked with animals off and on for 8 years I can definitely say that your dog would not just maul your face randomly. Animals can't talk, you need to learn their body language so you can avoid those situations. Getting right up in a dogs face will do one of two things usually, make them feel threatened or make them think you're trying to play. Both could easily result in a bite to the face If you're going to have a pet, you need to educate yourself on stuff like its body language and what might come off threatening. So pretty much you either did something to set it off or you're exaggerating and really it was just trying to play but was playing too rough.