By Anonymous - 16/01/2011 01:34 - United States

Today, I hit a deer with a rental car... which I had to rent because I hit a deer with my car last week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 121
You deserved it 21 758

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You people are seriously ignorant if you think the OP was "off the road, texting, bad driver, etc." I've got news for you. Bambi doesn't just stand there and wait for you to hit her. It happens when Bambi panics, doesn't know where to go, and just picks a direction and runs. The deer can be on the left shoulder, decide to bolt from you -back across the road-. And the majority of deer are hit on rural roads with woods on each side. Sometimes the just come barreling out of the woods and you hit them, no notice. And for that matter, a lot of the time, you don't hit the deer. The deer hits you! As in, plowed into the side of the car. Had that happen once. Then factor in stuff like what time of the year it is, "the rut", etc. It's not uncommon for me to see 3-5 deer on the way home everynight. That many deer, high chance of impact. So go back to ambushing people with red paint and quit trolling the OP

Comments

clearly you shouldn't be allowed to drive.

TOL_fml 6

Either learn how to drive slowly, or take a bus Poor deer

you morons, give him a break. it's next to impossible to miss a dear that runs into the middle of the road, it's either hit the deer, drive into the ditch, or hit a oncoming car. Either way you're screwed.

No kidding. How can people say YDI? If he swerved instead of hitting the deer he wouldn't have been covered by his insurance. And no one wants to drive super slow on the highway because there's a CHANCE a deer will jump out.

sallen0046 4

He deserves it for not paying better attention after the first accident. It's difficult not to hit an animal that runs out in front of you, but it's not hard to watch out and avoid running into a frightened animal that you would have easily spotted had you been paying attention. Rarely do deer just appear out of thin air. Most of the time, they're pretty easy to see standing just off to the side of or in the road.

morgan020 0

115 except when they get spooked by said oncoming vehicles bright lights and do in fact run out into the road. my husband and I got hit by one a fee years ago that we saw run across the road into the brush then must have run down the fence line and ran back across the street right into the front passenger door. we did not see that coming and it messed the entire right side of the truck. deer suck. they have 2 purposes: 1 to eat and 2 to be mounted on my wall :)

almost34 4

Deer serial killer? how does it feel to kill the prince of the forest, Bambi?

AtrumMessor 1

Amayaa--shows what you (don't) know. Sometimes that's ABSOLUTELY what they do.

It seems some of you may have never been in an area where deer live, judging by a few comments. Here they're everywhere. And it is not uncommon to drive on the highway and see dead animals. I've almost hit a deer, and was a passenger when a moose nearly ran into us. You almost can't avoid it.

sallen0046 4

Where I live, it's not at all uncommon to find deer just standing in the middle of the highway. It's even more common to find a carcass blocking a lane because the idiot that hit it didn't have enough sense to remove it from the roadway. The number of animal related accidents this time of year from people too stupid to take the signs as a warning are insane, and most of them happen because people that don't live in an area where deer are prevalent have no idea how to scan for them.

MinajMania21 0

maybe u should give up driving. lol.