By Anonymous - 26/11/2009 19:11 - United States

Today, I hit a deer. The worst part? Papa deer saw me hit mama deer, and proceded to ram into my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 254
You deserved it 20 957

Same thing different taste

Comments

YDI for using the phrase "proceeded to".

relax people, they run across the road all the time. I've hit two in 10 years, yes its awful, I cried the first time I hit a doe but its inevitable and not something we do on purpose. I hit the with an old Volvo so the car was ok, the second time I hit the deer with my Ford truck and it demolished the whole front of my truck, so yeah it pisses you off somewhat. I don't know about Wisconsin where OP is but here in Maryland the insurance company will waive the deductible if a deer caused the damage. I doubt OP's story that the male deer rammed the car, deer don't have partners, they mate and choose a partner then go off by themselves. It must have been chasing the female and hit your car.

Good point about the deer's "mate." I've seen deer while driving, and stopped completely. Three or four have run into my car, or perhaps one ran into my car several times. They are stupid rather than defensive.

tyhillman 0

I hunt them, they really aren't the smartest animals in the woods. Obviously the buck was horny and you kept him from getting some. Wouldn't you be pissed lol?

blah123blah 0

Shouldn't killing the deer be the worst part of this story, not the other deer ramming your car. I say YDI, I wish the other deer shoved it's antler up your ass. Pfft, people care more about their car than a living animal.

hornetchik 0

Don't be so fucken stupid. Its a shame about both things! But what was the driver supposed to do? Swerve off the road and potentially kill themselves? I know from experience (hitting a large farm dog) that everything happens really fast and its no ones fault, its just an accident. I love animals, sometimes more than humans I think, and I HATE seeing animal cruelty etc, but I ALSO get pissed off at people who don't use their fucken head and realize that sometimes these things just happen. Its life, and there is no way around it.