By hungry - 13/10/2013 05:23 - United States

Today, I heard that there was supposed to be a huge blizzard heading our way, so I went out to stock up on groceries. After spending $600 on food, I drove home and packed most of it into the fridge and freezer just in time for our power to go out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 813
You deserved it 26 609

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you supposed to buy food that can be stored and doesn't perish at room temperature when a storm heads your way?

if it's cold enough to snow, put all the stuff outside

Comments

haileyshelton 14

My family has definitely done this lol.

lhazz11 23

That's why you buy non refrigerated food when there are big storms. YDI

sorry op but Ydi. You should have been expecting something like that. Non perishable food like canned food would have been a better option.

This is why you stock up on non perishable food items. Power usually goes out in blizzards. If it is cold you could put the food outside to keep it cold or leave it in the fridge and freezer and don't open it for a while, the fridge and freezer won't get hot for some time.

Maybe it's me but usually if a Blizzard is coming you stock up on food that does not need to be refridgerated like canned goods and bread among other things. YDI...

Call your friends over for a blizzard party....

XTheDesertSongX 17

Dry ice always works, or you could actually put it outside.

Really? You went out and bought perishables? Your rations and canned food is where its at. Furthermore... if the blizzard reaches ya in time... just take some snow and put it in a cooler or some grocery bags along with your food. Tis what I like to call... Using Your Noggin!