By ihatebeingacashier - 11/07/2016 21:06

Today, I handed a middle-aged woman her change of $0.75 with three quarters. She looked at the change bewildered and threw the coins down, asking if she thought I could get away with only giving her thirty cents. I had to explain to her how much a quarter is worth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 247
You deserved it 736

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It amazes me how some people get through life with so little knowledge.

Perhaps OP is neglecting to mention if the woman appeared to be from a different country where their ten cent piece is similar in look and/or size to our quarter?

Comments

I once got yelled at for giving a woman a Canadian dime. She told me to give it to someone in Vermont, as if it's legal tender there!

A coworker of mine had a customer who did something similar... He gave him the correct change of $10 and like 5 cents or something, gave him the receipt and said have a nice day right? The customer gave him the nastiest look saying that he got the change wrong and demanded an apology. He showed he customer on the receipt that it was the correct change, and left to his car... Upon dropping his stuff off to his car, he came BACK and demanded to speak to a manager about his "incorrect" change. A manager had to explain to the customer "look man, here's the change stated on the receipt, and here is a $10 bill and a nickel." Although my manager saw the correct change, he had the nerve to lecture my coworker about giving him correct change over the radio where everyone heard. People these days...

Sorry, typo. Had the nerve on lecturing my coworker on HOW to give change over the radio***

I'm not from the USA and I still know a quarter =25¢