By Anonymous - 15/02/2013 01:08 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I had to yet again explain to the guy I live with that just because you can't see dirt, it doesn't mean it's clean. And so letting his dog lick the plates is NOT the same thing as washing up. He won't listen to me, and he uses my plates. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 379
You deserved it 3 416

Same thing different taste

Comments

Kick him out OR hide your crockery in your room. You shouldn't have to, but it's an option to consider if you can't afford to, or simply can't, kick him out. I used to have to do this with a housemate who insisted on using a cake of soap to wash the dishes instead of using dishwashing detergent, even when I offered to wear the cost of the proper detergent. She never said why she was so hell bent on being filthy in this respect (it confused me, as she was otherwise clean and tidy). I frequently found remains of food and drink on the dishes, and they looked terrible. There were always ants in the kitchen as a result. I ended up investing in my own crockery and cutlery and keeping it in my room, and otherwise leaving the stuff that was in the kitchen completely to her. At least it meant no more arguments over whose mess it was.

Jesus that's gross. Stop letting him use your plates. I hope you wash them before you use them. That's something that should NOT be compromised on.

The scary part is that a dog's mouth IS cleaner than a human's. So I'd be more concerned about kissing your boyfriend since he most likely doesn't brush his teeth.

Edit: Just realized that "guy I live with" does not necessarily mean he's your boyfriend.

I agree human mouths are gross so when their housemate starts licking the plates then it is time to leave.

#37 - Um... no. Do humans lick their butt holes and body on a daily basis and eat random scraps off the floor, not to mention licking the floor ? No, no. Dog's mouths are disgusting.

Even if this claim (re. dogs having cleaner mouths than humans) were true, the germs that dogs are capable of tolerating versus the ones that humans can handle are not the same, and this alone is reason enough not to trade saliva with a dog. One of our dogs had the nickname "Sh*tlips" for a very good reason. This was also the reason she was not allowed to lick our faces. Our cats were horrified when she moved in and began eating the nuggets she found in the litter tray. No, dogs' mouths are not cleaner than humans' mouths!

Grauncho 27

I would be tempted to add something bacterial to a plate he uses, but that would be so wrong;-)

Time for a new housemate, one w/o a dog!

calliet145 14

Methinks it's time to invest in some paper plates. They're pretty awesome.

Wash all the plates with ex-lax. Hey, if he can't see anything wrong with the plates then he should be okay right?