By where do they come from - 01/07/2014 04:26 - United States - Bellingham

Today, I had to explain what "cashback" was to a customer. She called me a liar and wanted to talk to a manager because she felt I made up the concept. I'm the manager. She wouldn't believe me and waited in the store for an hour. Apparently this is what a Masters degree gets me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 649
You deserved it 4 550

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Damn. Sad truth is, it can only get worse working in customer service.

Sometimes, the customer isn't always right...

Comments

dakid87 10

I feel your pain. I'm the no time your master degree will be worth it

Wizardo 33

Its as if people just don't read or crawl from underneath their naive and sheltered rocks to bask in some semblance of common sense, even if it is for a second. Peoples stupidity actually hurts.

I'm from France and they don't do cashback in my country. I moved to Ireland and the first time I was offered cashback, I have to admit that I was completely puzzled. I didn't attack the checkout lady though, I just told her I didn't have a clue what she was talking about. She just laughed and told me that was ok and to forget about it. I was a bit embarrassed because the other customers were staring at me like I was some simpleton ^^ I was explained a while later what it meant. But that woman was clearly unbalanced...

nice job. not really. there will always be jerks. depending on what you studied-put your masters degree to some real use

PresidentNorth 16

Maybe op tried but couldn't get a job through his degree. It happens all the time to a lot of people. Getting a degree does not guarantee you a job. Just increases your chances.

Actually, in a lot of cases it can hurt your chances of getting a job. I have a master's and when I got laid off a few years ago, I had a hell of a time finding a new job because a lot of places just can't afford to pay me. And I'm a teacher-- a field that should value and respect education. I know a few people with master's degrees in various fields that have had the same problems.

skyeyez9 24

Jackasses are in every career whether its a coworker or customer.

Its a pretty simple concept maybe provide a dictionary or something next time for people to look things up

RedPillSucks 31

Well, with a masters in english literature and the history of drag, this is what you can expect.

Do you not have a managers jacket or badge or anything?

If you have a masters degree why r u working in retail

he probably couldnt get a job in his field. getting a degree doesnt gaurantee you a job after school.

Because it's basically a lottery trying to get a job? You need experience and connections, not qualifications. Unfortunately people are still buying into the system (myself included) and the prospects we were promised at the start of our courses have not materialised. Don't hate on someone who has worked very hard and hasn't reached their goals yet.